FORUMS: list search recent posts

Extraneous Code? Error Message in Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill in Toronto
Extraneous Code? Error Message in Encore
on Dec 30, 2007 at 2:40:16 pm

I've just begun to learn how to use Encore. I've used it previously to burn DVDs directly without menus with the output of Premiere Pro CS3 edits. As yet, I don't want to create menus, just play out my edit to DVD.

I did burn one DVD which was not overly complicated at about 20 minutes with no complications, however, I'm working on an edit of 1 hour 1 minute and 43 seconds (and 7 frames) and can not get it to the stage of directly burning a DVD from Premiere.

So, I made an AVI movie, and attempted to process it through Encore directly.

1. I set up the project based on the "timeline" selection (I couldn't figure out how to import as an "Asset", but "timeline" allowed me to bring in the AVI movie.

2. Transcoding of the AVI movie, though slow, was completed.

3. In checking the project, I'm told an "Untitled Project" has no "Title Remote not set". (Desiring to only burn the edit, without a menu, I chose "Ignore and Continue".)

4. I chose to "build" a DVD as DVD disk- The "Build Progress" box took a long time to pop up.

5. I received the following error message: PGC "The Dispute-ASL has an error at 01;01;39;15. internal software error %0, line The Dispute-ASL - PGC Info: name = The Dispute-ASL, ref = Bpgc, time = 01:01:39:15" and did not burn the disk.

6 I looked at the Premiere Pro CS3 edit and could not see any extraneous portion of editing in timeline, but then, I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Any collective wisdom or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Bill in Toronto

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Extraneous Code? Error Message in Encore
on Dec 30, 2007 at 4:06:10 pm

You are mixing 2 different project workflows together. Don't do that.

The only ways to get an "Untitled Project" to open in Encore are:

1. Export to Encore from inside of Premiere; or
2. Open a previous step 1 project.

Step 2 above is what you should avoid. Either save your project with a proper name when you are finished with step 1, or start a new project when you open Encore directly. This will help avoid such issues in the future.

For now, you can either try clearing the Media Cache in the old project and re-burning (bad choice), or simply create a brand-new Encore project and import your .avi file into that (better choice).

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Karri Cameron
Re: Extraneous Code? Error Message in Encore
on Aug 4, 2009 at 10:29:41 pm

I am trying to burn a DVD in Encore, but receive the error message "Access Denied" and the process stops.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire Master Collection, but nothing seems to work. Help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]