FORUMS: list search recent posts

FF from one Title jumps to next Title - help

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Rodgers
FF from one Title jumps to next Title - help
on Dec 28, 2007 at 4:04:56 pm

I'm using Encore 1.5. I'm making a DVD of a friends movie, I have the main film, the early version, and several special features all as timelines. Problem is, if you're on the final chapter (say 10 of 10) in the main move (for instance) and you click the next-chapter button, it starts another timeline on the DVD. This does not happen on the preview or viewed on a PC, but does on all DVD players I've tried. What I expect to happen is for the user to be unable to jump past the final chapter.

Any ideas?

Thanks much, Scott.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: FF from one Title jumps to next Title - help
on Dec 28, 2007 at 5:21:41 pm

What DVD players have you tried it on?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Scott Rodgers
on Dec 28, 2007 at 5:48:21 pm

Well the two I have in house are both Sony. One is a DVP-NS725P. It's a few years old, but has been able to play any format of DVD-R, RW, +/-, etc. so far.

The other is a newer Sony.

I'll also mention that this is my first DVD that has shown this problem. Other DVD's I've produced behaved fine.

-Scott

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 28, 2007 at 7:18:47 pm

Normally this is a result of how a particular player handles user operations vs. VTS navigation.

If you try the disc on a non-Sony brand DVD player and the issue does not occur then you know that it's an problem between Sony and the disc structure.

I'll also say that for some DVD authors, this behavior on your Sony players is desirable because it allows them to put each chapter in a separate VTS. Then they have the flexibility to do a "Play All" function *and* an individual chapter play function using timelines as chapters.

Anyway, none of that solves your immediate problem. What you should do is add a "dummy" chapter point on the last GOP of each timeline. When the audience presses the skip button, playback will jump to the dummy chapter point, and, depending on the length of the last GOP, the end action of the timeline will execute anywhere from immediately to 1/2 second later.

(Zoom way in to your timeline to reveal the GOP boundary tick marks in the time ruler)

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]