FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chapter play

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Belinda Edwards
Chapter play
on Dec 21, 2007 at 2:35:11 am

How do you get your Encore set up to play just a chapter only. I know that I can put a marker where I want to start, but if I want to press a scene selection button, and only want if to play from the marker to a certain point, how do I set up Encore to stop at that point, and return to the scene selection menu.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Chapter play
on Dec 21, 2007 at 3:50:13 am

In Encore 2.0 and CS3, you either use Chapter End Actions or Chapter Playlists.

In Encore 1.x, you need each chapter to be a separate timeline, but that will smurf seamless playback (BTW, so will Chapter End Actions in 2.0 and CS3).

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Belinda Edwards
on Dec 21, 2007 at 4:08:46 am

So do you set a marker for begging and one for end?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 21, 2007 at 4:57:30 am

Let's say you have 3 chapters, and you want each to play individually then return to a menu.

You set the end action for chapter marker number 1 to go back to the menu. When chapter 1 finishes playing, the end action for chapter 1 will execute and chapter 2 will not play.

Set the end action for chapter 2 to go back to the menu. When chapter 2 finishes, the end action will execute and chapter 3 will not play.

You don't need an end action for chapter 3 because the end of chapter 3 is the end of the timeline, and the timeline's end action will execute and take the audience to where you want them to go.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Belinda Edwards
on Dec 21, 2007 at 4:08:49 pm

But the chapter marker is where I want the scene selection button to start. How is the end action telling how long to play the scene selection. I realize that end action tells where to go at the end of a video, but I don't understand where to tell it I only want this scene selection to play for say, maybe 1:30, and then go back to the scene selection menu.

Return to posts index

Hector Melendez
on Dec 21, 2007 at 4:59:46 am

If it is Encore 2 (the one I have) just click the chapter in the timeline and get properties. You will see a "end action". Drag the @ to the main menu or whatever.
I have never tried this but I think is what your're looking for.

Return to posts index

Belinda Edwards
on Dec 21, 2007 at 4:06:59 pm

But the chapter marker is where I want the scene selection button to start. How is the end action telling how long to play the scene selection. I realize that end action tells where to go at the end of a video, but I don't understand where to tell it I only want this scene selection to play for say, maybe 1:30, and then go back to the scene selection menu.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 21, 2007 at 6:03:15 pm

Using your example, you would need a chapter marker (call it chapter A) that is linked to the scene button on the menu, and you would need a new chapter marker (call it chapter B) 1:30 after chapter A.

When the audience selects the button on the menu that links to chapter A, chapter A would play until chapter B was reached (a duration of 1:30). Once playback reached chapter B, the chapter end action for chapter A would execute and return the audience to the scene selection menu.

Does that help?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Belinda Edwards
on Dec 21, 2007 at 8:31:52 pm

Great, that's what I was wanting to know. Now back to my original question, (I think I asked here, maybe in the Vegas forum). At the end of my ceremony video, I have the credits run. It was rendered with the credits. But when I play it on tv, the ceremony video crossfades out and returns to menu instead of finishing the mgeg file (which is WITH credits). If I playback the mpeg file on wmp the credits are there. Do you have any suggestions why Encore would be doing that?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 21, 2007 at 8:59:29 pm

The only things I can think of are:

1. You accidentally trimmed the end of the clip in Encore's timeline.

2. You have a chapter point set at the beginning of the credits, and have set the end action for the previous chapter point incorrectly.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Belinda Edwards
on Dec 21, 2007 at 10:01:11 pm

Jeff,
YOU ARE D` MAN!!! Somehow the end of both audio/video clips got trimmed. Don't know how, but stretched them back out, and all is fine. I love this program. Have been using DVD Architect 3 for a long time, and I just love using the pick whip, instead of having to type every location in, with the other program. Honestly, thank you so much for your dedication to this forum, and your patience with people that are not used to new things, and really want to learn. Again, God Bless you and your family, and have a very Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

P.S. On my other question about rendering audio/video seperately. Is rendering the audio to AC3 okay to use with Encore?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 21, 2007 at 10:26:25 pm

You're welcome. :-)

AC3 audio is just dandy in Encore, and it has the added benefit of being one of the two audio formats that are *required* to be played by all DVD players.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Belinda Edwards
on Dec 24, 2007 at 1:26:47 am

Jeff.
This seemed to work the other day, but since I got rid of the mepg video/audio all in one file, and rendered everything seperately, these same instructions don't seem to work. I have tried everything and nothing seems to be right. Chapter A, I associate with the corresponding button, and chapter B, there is no end action set. I have tried setting the end action of chapter B to scene selection menu also, and neither one works. Any quesses?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]