FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird Problem: Encore is eating the TL

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hector Melendez
Weird Problem: Encore is eating the TL
on Dec 21, 2007 at 1:40:49 am

Here is: I'm doing the same proccedure for over a year without any problem. Have a rendered avi file of 2:06 (2hrs:06min) from Premiere Pro timeline.
I import it into Encore 2 and everything looks ok. I made the chapters, menu music, etc. Then I build the disc (automatic).
When finished I revised the disc and it freeze at the 3 chapter out of 6. I thought was a bad disc but not. When I checked at Encore, the Timeline is incomplete.
The video portion end at 1:36 but the audio continue along the track until 2:06 hrs. Wow! Was complete when starting to burn the disc. What happened to the video track?
Had tried repeating the proccedure 3 times but everytime is the same thing. NEver have seen this problem before.

Any of you have a clue to this situation?
thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Weird Problem: Encore is eating the TL
on Dec 21, 2007 at 3:47:42 am

What codec was used to create the .avi file that you imported into Encore?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Hector Melendez
on Dec 21, 2007 at 4:09:16 am

I'm using the same as always... microsoft DV avi. I didn't changed anything.
I found a previous thread with a similar problem but can't understand the solution.

please refer to this in a post in thread below:
Subject: During Build - deletes some video on timeline, but not audio!?! by dax702 on Nov 11, 2007 at 5:45:10 am

Here is the solution he found:
Well I woke up this morning and turned on the monitor and saw that 7GB m2v file and knew I was in the clear! Re-encoding the AVI and using the replace asset did the trick for whatever reason. I even looked up online how to test an AVI for errors using the command line tool ffmpeg and I ran it on the original AVI file and it didn't come up with a single error. But for whatever reason, Encore simply stopped encoding video at that mark. At least now I know if that happens again (or if it happens to anyone else on here) that it's the AVI file, even know there's no obvious or even hidden errors that I could find.. Insanit

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 21, 2007 at 4:59:37 am

Try doing a Transcode Now operation on the troublesome .avi file instead letting Encore transcode it at build time.

What happens?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Hector Melendez
on Dec 21, 2007 at 2:08:39 pm

Tried to transcode only the avi file but is not allow to do that alone... it say it need to have a timeline to calculate the compression, so I made a new timeline and left it overnight to make the transcoding without burning the disc...turn the monitor on today and guest what! THE SAME; the timeline is cut at the same time of 1:36.
This is insanity as the other guy said. No idea what changed!
Do I have to do the rendering process from Premiere again?
What would make the difference?
PLEASE HELP!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 21, 2007 at 2:34:26 pm

I have no idea what would cause a normal DV avi file to behave like that in Encore. It's possible the file is corrupted in some way.

A good troubleshooting step is to transcode the video and audio in Premiere Pro.

First, note what bitrate Encore used to transcode the partial file.

Use that same bitrate in an MPEG2-DVD preset in the Adobe Media Encoder to encode the file in Premiere Pro. I recommend turning Multiplexing off.

Then import the mpeg video and PCM audio files into Encore and use them to make your main program timeline.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Hector Melendez
on Dec 21, 2007 at 3:11:33 pm

Thanks very much. I will let you know my findings

Return to posts index

Hector Melendez
on Dec 21, 2007 at 10:07:59 pm

Well, I did everything again from the beginning. Went to PP and re-render the timeline again and then within Encore I did a new menu, music, chapters, etc. and burned the disc.
Finally the problem is gone. The DVD is complete.

Never will know what the problem was but the next time will start over again to avoiding losing 2 days trying to resolve it.

thanks for the help

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 21, 2007 at 10:27:16 pm

I'm glad you got it sorted.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]