FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoding issue

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rosario Trespol
Transcoding issue
on Dec 18, 2007 at 4:03:52 pm

Hi all,
my Encore CS3 project contains 11 mpeg2 videos (for a total length of 48mins) exported from Adobe Premiere CS3. Each one is about 800mb in size, so obviously it's too much to fit into a standard 4.7Gb Dvd.
I'm trying to transcode these files from Encore, but no matter how hard I try, Encore always answers with "Cannot encode, bitrate falls below 2 mbps", I've also tried various settings in VBR mode and low quality, but again I can't even start the transcoding process, in a few words: I have the project done, and I can't create the DVD :).
I could squeeze each video "artificially" by re-encoding them from another application at a lower bitrate, but what I'd like to know is: is there a way to do it from Encore?

Thanx a lot in advance!

Return to posts index

Rosario Trespol
Re: Transcoding issue
on Dec 18, 2007 at 5:12:07 pm

I did a dirty trick, just to make a try, squeezing these 11 videos to 3.6Gb (using divx erm.. ;p)... But still Encore complains about the size of the project that exceeds the disc capacity. Right now, I'm quite puzzled.

Thanx for any help :).

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Transcoding issue
on Dec 18, 2007 at 5:26:03 pm

Export from PPro as (DV?) avi files, then import those into Encore and let Encore transcode them automatically.

The other option is to use a bit rate calculator to calculate what your export settings should be in PPro. But at 48 mins you can easily use 7 Mbps CBR with either PCM or Dolby Digital audio.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]