FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem With Hilights of Video StillsUnder Text

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rory Boen
Problem With Hilights of Video StillsUnder Text
on Dec 14, 2007 at 4:13:56 am

I'm using Encore V2.0 (for the first time) and it is on Vista 64 bit.

I'm trying to get video stills to APPEAR when the correct menu item is selected. So far everytime I try this, I have a transparent color appear instead of the still in the Photoshop file.

Please let me know how to correct this issue.

I can post the PSD file, but it has the standard name tags(+) & (=1).

Thanks For The Support.

Return to posts index

Jean-Luc Oudin
Re: Problem With Hilights of Video StillsUnder Text
on Jan 2, 2008 at 5:41:07 am

Hi Rory

As far as I can tell from your post, I am assuming that you are trying to use a picture as a highlight, expecting it to appear when the button is selected. I am sorry to tell you this, but it will not work.

Having said that, here is a way to sort of do what you want, but I need to warn you right now, it is a somewhat limited, option wise, workaround.

Open your Encore project. Edit your menu in Photoshop.
open any button folder, create a new layer and drop your picture in it. rename the layer anything you want. Create another layer. In it, create a shape that covers your image completely and fill that shape with any color ( it doesn't matter what color it is ). Call that layer " (=1) Highlight ". Turn its visibility off, and save the file.

Switch back to Encore. your menu should be updated.
Go to MENU-EDIT MENU COLOR SET. Change the COLOR SET from
AUTOMATIC to MENU DEFAULT. In the normal group, change color 1 to one you like and the opacity to 100%. In Highlight Group 1, simply switch the opacity of color 1 Selected State to 0%. The Activated State color and opacity can be set any way you want, it's only going to show for a second, so that one is up to you. Click OK and check the result.

As I said, this is limited but keep in mind that each button can have 3 Highlight layers, each with it's own color and each can have its own shape, as long as the normal state color is 100% and the selected state colors are 0%, it should "sort of" work.

Hope this helps you do what you wanted. I'll keep you posted if I figure a better way to do it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]