FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoding setting only for motion menues

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DVD FAN
Transcoding setting only for motion menues
on Dec 3, 2007 at 11:03:34 am

I always import files in encore, which dont have to be transcoded in encore.
The only case of transcoding is the use of motion menues.
Where can I make these settings?

The overall project settings offer only the bitrate control, not the setting of progessive, upper frame, lower frame ...
The transcoding settings for the imported assets are not the settings to be used for the rendering of the motion menues!!!

Choosing transcode setting from the context menue, you can assign different settings for several assets. How can I make the setting for the motion menue... even if the background video in the motion menue is in a format with no necessity for transcoding, the motion menue has to be rendered again.

I need control other the settings how the motion menue will be transcoded

Thanks for feedback....

Return to posts index

DVD FAN
Re: Transcoding setting only for motion menues
on Dec 3, 2007 at 11:52:02 am

appendix:
I need access to the motion menues transcode setting not only to change the bitrae from 8 mbps to another value, but mostly to change the setting of the frame order(from lower to upper). All in encore rendered motion menues use the wrong frame oder. ONLY in the motion menue. The same file (used as a background in a motion menue)in another timeline works fine because the pretranscoded file in an external tool uses definitely the correct frame order and needs to further transcoding in encore, only in case of using in motion menues :-( )

Return to posts index

George W.
on Dec 3, 2007 at 2:51:30 pm

[DVD FAN] "even if the background video in the motion menue is in a format with no necessity for transcoding, the motion menue has to be rendered again."

This might not help (depending on the types of buttons you are using), but if you only use button highlights, the video menu will not have to be re-rendered...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

DVD FAN
on Dec 3, 2007 at 3:37:00 pm

"but if you only use button highlights, the video menu will not have to be re-rendered... "

YES, u are right!!! I can create all motion menue related things in AE and put only th highlights in Encore... no transcoding necessary....
Thats the only way to solve my problem....

But what would be a solution on case of using a encore menue template to create a simple dvd in a few minutes.
There must be a possibility to assign the menue related transcoding settings!!!

I couldn't find a way of editing the "auto" setting to reflect the upper field order. Its fine with the fixed presets but the auto setting seems to default to lower field first and there doesn't seem to be a way of forcing it to upper

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Dec 3, 2007 at 4:35:00 pm

[DVD FAN] "There must be a possibility to assign the menue related transcoding settings!!!"

This feature is not yet available in Encore. Please file a feature request here.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]