FORUMS: list search recent posts

Home vid, looks fine after editing, build DVD w encore, looks bad!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sheckmancometh
Home vid, looks fine after editing, build DVD w encore, looks bad!
on Nov 28, 2007 at 10:50:50 pm

Hey guys,

Im hoping you guys can get me out of this RUT!

I shot a home video. One part of the raw footage was encoded with one codec, the second part of the video was encoded with another codec. Im not immediately sure which was which.

I edited these two pieces of film into a final movie in Premiere, and saved it in normal DV format. Everything looked great.

I designed the DVD in Encore, imported the footage and built a disc. Now, when I play the disc (or even play it with WMP while the disc image is on the harddrive), the parts of the movie which were encoded with a certain codec are REALLY ghost-y. Like, the video is really unstable looking, especially with motion. The other parts of the same movie are FINE.

What could be my problem? Anyone know a fix?

I tried this: Remember how i edited the movie in premier and exported the whole thing to DV? Well, I took that and encoded it with mjpeg (i think its called). Then I used THAT mjpeg encoded video in encore and built the DVD. Still same problem.

Is this an interlacing issue? Perhaps one of the footage pieces was encoded with deinterlacing and the other not?

Thanks for ANY help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]