FORUMS: list search recent posts

Picture breaks up on burned DVD...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
B-Hug
Picture breaks up on burned DVD...
on Nov 15, 2007 at 5:53:24 pm

I'm working on a project that is rapidly approaching its deadline, but I'm having major issues with Adobe Encore 2.0.

The project is a large one; the main file is approx. 30 gig.

There are no problems with any of the source files but during the disc burn everything goes wrong!

The images are ALL breaking up (or pixelating/ghosting/interlacing - i'm not sure on the terminology!).

I imagine this has something to do with the transcode settings but I don't know what to alter.
Every time I try and change something I then have to wait the best part of a working day for it to re-transcode to see if it's worked.

I have created discs before with no problems but this is the first one to go to Dual Layer, if that may have something to do with it? Maybe I need different settings?

The project is 720x576 (16:9) and it's PAL, 25 fps.

I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give me.

Thanks,
Bethan

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Picture breaks up on burned DVD...
on Nov 16, 2007 at 5:38:00 am

Hello Bethan,

Try using brand-name madia and burn at your drive's slowest speed.
Perhaps your bitrates are too high? 9000kbps Would be a high bitrate.
Some DVD players don't like DVD+R, as the format is not endorsed by the DVD regulating body and does not hold the DVD logo.
I'm a supporter of using dedicated app's. I never allow Encore to transcode. I encode with MainConcept MPEG Pro for Premiere, as it allows for a great deal of control. I test all of my encoded files in a dummy Encore project, for compatibility. Than, when it come time to author, there are no surprises with regard to transcoding or image quality. Encore will split DVD compliant MPEGs into 1GB chunks without transcoding.
If you try a similar method, I'd recommend testing with a short clip as you fine tune (and document) your compression settings.

Also, I only will write a DVD Folder out of Encore, than I'll burn with a dedicated app - Nero.

If you get a chance, fill out your profile so we can see what system and app's you're working with.

Just some thoughts
Vince

Return to posts index

B-Hug
Re: Picture breaks up on burned DVD...
on Nov 20, 2007 at 11:21:26 am

Thanks a lot for your help on this - all sorted now!

Bethan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]