FORUMS: list search recent posts

has anyone ever encountered this problem?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ejunyor
has anyone ever encountered this problem?
on Nov 15, 2007 at 3:36:27 pm

Good Morning Forum,

I just recently burned a disc for a client,
plays correctly everything is in order but when
the client tries to duplicate, he is unsuccessful.

I've already checked to make sure that the disc is set for "unlimited copies" in the dialogue box.

not sure what the client is using to duplicate and the media that it was burned on is -R.

thanks
ejunyor

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: has anyone ever encountered this problem?
on Nov 16, 2007 at 6:28:42 am

Is the client attempting Disk-At-Once, or Disk Copy.
They should load the program contents onto a hard drive, and ideally defragment the drive, than burn.
??
Are you able to pull the program off of the DVD back onto your hard drive?
I've seen "cyclical redundancy" errors that don't affect playback (error correction perhaps), but prevent a DVD program from being able to be copied.

Return to posts index

Heath Firestone
on Nov 19, 2007 at 1:06:48 am

I don't know if this is related, but I had one replication house tell me that a disk I burned with Encore failed their test because it was set up for multiple sessions and wasn't finalized. Of course this is not true, as it wouldn't play back in set top players if it wasn't finalized, but to avoid that problem with them in the future, instead, I always export to a folder. Then with Nero, or Toast, I create a Video DVD, and select the contents of the folders Encore created into their respective locations using Nero or Toast. Here at least I can make sure it is set as single session and finalized, and I don't get complaints from this particular replicator. I have not had any issues like this with other replicators, though.

There are some people who believe you should never actually do the burn for a disk that is going to replication, within the DVD authoring application, and that you should always export to a folder and burn with an actual burning program. I don't know if I agree with this, but I thought I'd mention how to do this at least.

Return to posts index

wfsticht
on Nov 20, 2007 at 5:08:34 pm

I once had a client tell me the same thing. Turned out they were trying to duplicate the DVD using a CD burner. Dont be afraid to ask the obvious questions.

Fritz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]