FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smooth Menu Transition

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yue_Hong
Smooth Menu Transition
on Nov 13, 2007 at 3:00:30 pm

I am creating an animation before DVD first display the menu. However, the screen will black for a while before it enter the first menu after the video playback. Same problem for the transition between menus, that after playback the transition video the screen will also black for a while before displaying second menu. How can I create smooth transition between menus without having the black screen appears? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dennis Heijnemans
Re: Smooth Menu Transition
on Nov 12, 2008 at 2:24:24 pm

Have you ever solved this problem?.. I'm getting exactly what you have (had). Cheers!

Dennis

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 12, 2008 at 3:12:14 pm

Are you viewing this in Encore Preview, or on a burned DVD?

Return to posts index

Dennis Heijnemans
on Nov 12, 2008 at 5:12:01 pm

Hi Joe,

I got it to work, but I still don't get why it didn't work before.

I'm working in CS3, and the issue appears both in the preview, on the burnt disc and when viewed from the built output folder.

The transition is a 1.422 uncompressed avi that is replacing a previous transition with the same name, but has a different length.

I cleared the entire cache database, which didn't resolve the issue, then I closed the project, renamed the avi file, imported that and pointed the button transition to this new avi. Now it's working like it did before I created the new transition.

Hope it's some help to others struggling with this.

I'd still like to know what caused this issue so I know how to avoid it.

Cheers!

Dennis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]