FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loop Point Problem...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thedanimal
Loop Point Problem...
on Nov 9, 2007 at 6:34:22 pm

So I want to have a transition at the start of the menu, i thought that if I just made a video in after effects with the transition at the front and the menu background afterwards and set a loop point when the menu portion started, that would do it. Problem is that I don't want my buttons to appear until it hits that loop point, Encore is just disabling the buttons but leaving them on screen until it hits the loop point. Is there a way to have the buttons appear when it hits the loop point?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Loop Point Problem...
on Nov 9, 2007 at 6:45:31 pm

If the button graphics are part of the AE animation (fading up/flying in, etc.), then you need to make sure the button layers in Encore are all hidden by poking out the eyeball for the layers in the Encore Layers panel.

If you are relying on Encore for your button graphics, then you can:

1. Put the transition video into a timeline and then link the end action of the timeline to the menu; or

2. Put the transition and initial menu animation up to the loop point into a menu with no buttons, and then link the end action of that menu to the working menu.

Which method you choose depends on the content of the video clips that are used and the effect that you are trying to create.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

thedanimal
Re: Loop Point Problem...
on Nov 9, 2007 at 7:14:42 pm

I tried doing what you suggested in 1 and it worked perfect. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]