FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Flash DVDs in Same Directory

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pftq_
Multiple Flash DVDs in Same Directory
on Nov 5, 2007 at 5:47:45 am

Here's what I've found so far:

Webpage + XML always must be in the same directory.

HTML must reference the SWF file.

SWF + Source folder always must be in same directory.

This poses a major problem: All XMLs exported use the same name, so you can only have one XML around each webpage and therefore one FlashDVD per site directory.

Has anyone found any workarounds to this? (maybe making the SWF reference the XML from the SWF file's location instead of the webpage <_< )

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Multiple Flash DVDs in Same Directory
on Nov 5, 2007 at 2:08:48 pm

How about using another directory? Why is that a problem?

Return to posts index

pftq_
on Nov 10, 2007 at 3:12:16 am

Well several reasons - I really wish I could but it would virtually kill the setup of my site.

1- I'm trying to show multiple flash videos on the same page (so they would use the same index.html)

2- I've put a few into a gallery, which uses dynamic URL (PHP page generated from the same index file). The entire site allows commenting and has a user database etc (like the forums here) so I can't exactly copy-paste the page for just one upload.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Nov 10, 2007 at 9:17:03 pm

Encore's export to Flash is a one-size-fits all approach - there's really no way to do what you want with it in CS3.

You might want to try using Flash itself. It'll be a lot more work (a LOT, LOT more work), but you'll have full control over everything.

Return to posts index

pftq_
on Nov 10, 2007 at 9:29:23 pm

Hm ok.. that's what I was afraid of... hopefully Adobe addresses this later on. :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]