FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD player compatability

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ShowMe_TrB
DVD player compatability
on Nov 3, 2007 at 3:22:27 pm

I've just burned a copy of a DVD and everything works like it should...to a point.

The finalized DVD will play in both drives of my PC, but only on 1 of 2 DVD players (both of them are Emerson DVD/VCR combo players).

I've done 2 different burns...the first one at 8X speed and the second one at 2X. Both act the same way in the players.

It seems like I've had this problem before. Any suggestions as to how I can make this final DVD work on ALL DVD players?

I don't want to duplicate a project that won't work on everyone's machine...this is for a Junior High football team--their highlight roll for the year.

THANK YOU for your help!

TrB

TrB
Show-Me Tractor Cruise
http://www.showmetractorcruise.com

Return to posts index

Bud
Re: DVD player compatability
by
on Nov 3, 2007 at 9:24:52 pm

Here are the things I have read and followed for the last 5-6 years. I don't know if any of it has changed.

1. The best you can expect from a "burnded" dvd is about 90% compatibility. Only professionally "replicated" (from a glass master) dvd's have 100% compatibility with all dvd players.

2. Dvd media is not created equal. Compatibility with players can vary from 50% - 90% based on the brand. The data I read (again many years ago) gave Verbatim, & Maxell the hightest compatibility ratings.

3. Never apply an adhesive label on a dvd. Dvd's spin faster and generate more heat than CD's and therefore are less forgiving when being read by a player. If a label isn't applied perfectly, it puts the dvd out of balance, like a tire, and can cause it to be unreadable. Also, due to the heat, the label could come off in the player, damaging it. I've seen the "out of balance" issue first hand. Use printable dvd's and an inkjet dvd printer for beautiful results.

I have followed all the above recommendations and have (so far) never had a dvd that wouldn't play.

Hope this somehow helps,

Bud

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]