FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why does everything need to be transcoded? Need solutions ASAP

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AdamElder
Why does everything need to be transcoded? Need solutions ASAP
on Oct 30, 2007 at 5:28:51 pm

I am trying to transition into offering Blu-ray authoring, and because of the business, we cannot wait for Encore to transcode every asset that we throw in there. I am accustomed to taking a .m2v and an .ac3 for DVD authoring, which never needs to be encoded. I have tried compressing the files using default Blu-ray specs in compressor, procoder, etc, and am always told by Encore that it needs to be transcoded. I know that I have the option of choosing what it will be transcoded into, and whether to transcode at all, but I have had no luck. I have been reading the Encore from front to back and it does not leave detailed specs of a video compression that needs no transcoding. It only states that it will transcode video that needs it, which doesn't help. I am looking for a MPEG-2 workflow and a h.264 workflow. Where can I find information on how exactly (what specs) I am to encode files that are ready for Blu-ray authoring? What software package can do this, and also, are there any rea;-time hardware encoders available?

Return to posts index

icicle22
Re: Why does everything need to be transcoded? Need solutions ASAP
on Nov 19, 2007 at 12:42:47 am

I am having the same exact issues. I wish I could be of some help but I don't know what the heck is going on. I have a 1 hour segment that is encoded in Premiere CS3 using Adobe's own blu-ray preset. When it is done I import it into Encore CS3 and it still has to transcoed or processes it. I am writing it to the hard drive and it reports 2hours+. And this is only a 10gb file. I can only imagine if I was writing a full disk!

Also, it seems to write the new stuff to a temp folder, then copy it to your output folder. This is such a long freaking process!!! Why can't the .m2v files be used directly? WHy should I bother encoding them at all in Premiere if they are just going to re-encode in Encore?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]