FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to have a button highlighted already?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vin2000
how to have a button highlighted already?
on Oct 30, 2007 at 4:06:27 am

quick question guys,

i have a menu and a "back" button.

but in order to go back, i noticed i have to press the "enter" button to activate (highlight) and then enter again.

is there a way where once i go to that menu the "back" button is already highlighted and i only have to hit enter once?

i played around with it but can't get it working...

thanks!

vin.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: how to have a button highlighted already?
on Oct 30, 2007 at 12:27:14 pm

click on the back button and then go to the properties of it on the right hand side, set this button to #1, then click on an empty area of the menu and check to see if the default button is set to #1

hope this helps

Return to posts index

Scot Sheely
on Oct 31, 2007 at 6:41:37 am

Actually, I was going to suggest that you review your button routing on that particular menu. In Encore, on that menu at the bottom is an icon that shows all of that menu's button routing when you click on it.

Each corresponding button will then display a number in the middle of it. I was thinking that perhaps you accidentally created a blank, or unused button, which would account for your problem.

If that is actually the case, then simply delete the unused button, or you could just set the button you wish to use as a default as button #1 instead. This could happen if you had, let's say, only 1 menu item to select from on that menu, but a "Home" button (or in your case, a "Back" button) at the bottom to help the end-user navigate back to the main menu.

Regardless, the button routing review will help you identify, isolate and resolve the issue.

Let me know if you need further assistance with this problem, as I know Encore very, very well and would like to see you conquer this minor dilemma.

Scot

Return to posts index

vin2000
on Nov 1, 2007 at 10:40:37 am

hey guys,

thanks for the info. i haven't had a chance to test it out yet. i probably could in a couple of hours, but it sounds like that could be the solution, makes sense.

scot, i have another little problem regarding a remote control "menu" button on the root menu. if you can check out the link to my post:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/145/861722

that'd be great, thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Scot Sheely
on Nov 2, 2007 at 10:59:41 pm

Joe Bowden actually answered that question correctly. This is a dedicated function in the DVD spec, which all hardware players observe.

The only work-around I can think of at this time is to provide a link at the bottom of the menu with a "Main Menu" button or text listed there, and then link that back to your desired menu.

If you are already at the root level menu, as you mentioned in that post, then think of the Menu button as an "A/B" toggle button, which takes you back to the last place you viewed on your DVD.

This is a similar type of function as when you stop a DVD from playing by hitting the STOP button (usually the square) one time only, then, when you hit the PLAY button (usually the triangle) the DVD resumes from where you were last viewing.

Its all part of the DVD specification that the PTB (powers that be) decided upon many years ago.

Of course, with Blu-ray authoring, all bets are off, as you will be able to do some interesting navigation and layering tricks when the programming is fully implemented, which at this time, it is not that way yet. Close, but no cigar!

Scot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]