FORUMS: list search recent posts

prevent from making copy of dvd?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vin2000
prevent from making copy of dvd?
on Oct 30, 2007 at 1:20:05 am

hi there,

how am i able to prevent someone of making a copy of the dvd? i read that the only way to do that was to make a Master disc, but when I try to burn it as a master, it wont recognize the hardware or something, so I burn it directly to a disc, yet leaving that option open that anyone can make a copy.

so, is there anyway i can prevent someone from making a copy without creating a master disc?

thanks!

vin.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: prevent from making copy of dvd?
on Oct 30, 2007 at 2:27:59 am

Short answer - no, you can't do that without a glass master and disc replication.

In truth, you are wasting your time trying to prevent people from copying your DVDs.

Hollywood has a huge financial incentive to prevent copying, yet every time a new protection scheme is developed, savvy computer guys figure out how to break the protection. They often do this within days of the scheme first appearing on disc.

I suppose that some copy protection can prevent casual copying by users who decide it's not worth the trouble when they first find out that they can't just copy the DVD files to their hard drive. But anyone with even an ounce of determination will find tools that will break whatever protection scheme is in use.

If I were you, I'd save my money for other facets of my business. I don't think copy protection represents a significant chunk of a Hollywood movie's budget, but it sure does represent a significant investment in my business (and probably yours).

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

vin2000
Re: prevent from making copy of dvd?
on Oct 30, 2007 at 3:09:57 am

Hi Jeff,

I was afraid for that answer... but thanks for letting me know,

Vin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved