FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timline trimmed during disc build?? Help!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dax702
Timline trimmed during disc build?? Help!
on Oct 25, 2007 at 6:50:02 pm

Hi all,
So last night I gave the command to build my DVD folders and then went to sleep. This morning I wake up and see that my 4hr, 7 min dual layer DVD was only 6.22gb. I used the Automatic transcode setting. So the first thing I thought was that it must have used a really bad bitrate to fit all that video into 6gb. So I opened the DVD and start playing through it chapter by chapter and noticed that when I reached the 3 hr, 12 min mark, there was no more video! However, the audio kept playing on a black screen. So I then went into the project and noticed that the video portion of the timeline had mysteriously gotten trimmed right at that 3 hour, 12 min mark. Not knowing what to do, I went ahead and reverted to original, closed Encore and opened it up again. The timeline was still showing as trimmed, but I was able to grab the edge of it and drag it out and now it's there...

Has anyone heard of Encore trimming the timeline during a build operation? I ran a check on it before building and there were no errors so this has me baffled. I'm afraid to try it again and waste 3+ hours transcoding if it's going to happen again.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Timline trimmed during disc build?? Help!
on Oct 25, 2007 at 6:59:04 pm

I have never heard of Encore trimming timelines by itself.

Can you trim it back out? If so, it won't transcode again (transcoding is per-asset, not per-timeline).

Let us know if that works for you.

Return to posts index

dax702
Re: Timline trimmed during disc build?? Help!
on Oct 25, 2007 at 7:02:17 pm

After reverting to original, and then closing and opening the program again, I was able to trim it back out to meet the end of the audio. I just wanted to ask if there was anything to watch out for or do before transcoding again. Maybe I shouldn't use the automatic setting? Although I've used it before without issues.. Ah heck, it's just three hours, I'll try it again and see what happens..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]