FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chapter Index Menus don't work in CS3 ??

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dax702
Chapter Index Menus don't work in CS3 ??
on Oct 24, 2007 at 10:33:37 pm

I've followed the help file exactly as written in trying to create a chapter index menu. I have 36 chapters and I want to have 6 chapters per menu which will give me 6 sub menus. I created the first menu and put everything the way I wanted, set the button types correctly (including six linked chapters, previous, next and main buttons)

When I go to create the chapter index, it does create 6 menus, however, they're all the same except for some reason it adds the Previous textual button to the list of chapters. And all the menu buttons link to the same first 6 chapters. Hard to explain but it's just not working the way it's supposed to..

Has anyone else encountered this?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Chapter Index Menus don't work in CS3 ??
on Oct 24, 2007 at 11:09:14 pm

Are all 36 chapters in the same timeline?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

dax702
on Oct 24, 2007 at 11:11:55 pm

Yes, all 36 chapters are in the same timeline, same .avi file actually too.. Is this a bug in CS3 or am I just doing something wrong? I followed the instructions exactly as they're written.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 24, 2007 at 11:54:54 pm

[dax702] "Is this a bug in CS3 or am I just doing something wrong? I followed the instructions exactly as they're written."

I don't know if it's a bug. I don't know if you are doing something wrong.

Chapter index menus have been in 2 versions now, and I've never used the feature nor seen a time when I might want to use it. But that's just me. :-)

The Help docs were a bit confusing - I had to read them a third time before I thought I understood what had to be done. If you want, you can try rebuilding your chapter index menus again in case you missed anything the first go-round.

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

dax702
on Oct 25, 2007 at 5:11:18 am

Yeah it was confusing, I read it several times before I followed through. From what I get from in, you're to basically set up the first menu, just the way you want it (although it says "at least one chapter button") and then it will make the rest of the menus based on that first one. I tried both ways actually. I put all six chapter links on there and I also tried it with just one chapter link. When I did it with just one, it created 36 menus! But both times, it did not sequentially increase each chapter like it's supposed to =(

Return to posts index

dax702
on Oct 25, 2007 at 6:52:54 pm

I got this problem fixed. The way I had to do it was NOT include the next, previous and main buttons like the instructions say to. Once I eliminated those buttons from the chapter index, it did create all six menus, with the correct button names, along with the next and previous buttons. I also had to make sure that the "sync button text and name" and "set name from link" options were checked for each button. The routing on the buttons was all messed up though so I had to set each of the six menus manually. Overall, I'm not so sure that it saved me anytime because of all the problems. But perhaps next time it will be a better time saver..

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 25, 2007 at 6:53:12 pm

Chapter index menus work for me.

Perhaps there's a problem with your original menu? Can you post it online someplace for download?

Return to posts index

dax702
on Oct 25, 2007 at 6:54:53 pm

Hi Joe, that's crazy that we both replied at the same time to this topic, if you look above, I got it working finally. It took some figuring out and the help file doesn't tell you things that you need to know too.. If you want to take a stab at my latest post about the timeline being trimmed, that would be really great as that's the big problem I had to wake up to this morning...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]