FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create disc image for remote burning, from 1.5 ?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike_S
How to create disc image for remote burning, from 1.5 ?
on Oct 24, 2007 at 10:17:40 am

Is there a way in Encore 1.5 (or later) to create a set of files (ISO disc image?) I can hand off / make available to a client (not very technical) so that he can use (what software?) these to burn working DVDs at his end?

I tried the disc image setting - produced an .img file, which may be good for burning from Encore but is not recognised by InstantCD. Creating a set of folders and burning those to disc did not produce a playable DVD.

Other than using a 3rd party tool to rip a DVD, any thoughts on possible ways forward?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: How to create disc image for remote burning, from 1.5 ?
on Oct 24, 2007 at 11:14:21 am

1. Rename your .img files to .iso - that should allow InstantCD to work. If not:

2. The excellent ImgBurn - it's free.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Mike_S
on Oct 24, 2007 at 1:42:58 pm

Thanks Jeff - that's fixed my problem.

I tried renaming the Encore-made image file to .iso, but somehow ended up with discs that play fine on computer but not in standalone players. Couldn't see what setting I was missing in InstantCD (if any) - so tried imgburn.

And, I'm delighted to report, that looks like it's done the job!

Again. many thanks for the help.

Mike

Return to posts index

Scot Sheely
on Oct 31, 2007 at 6:57:13 am

Mike,

We have always created a final version of the DVD, then used Roxio Easy CD Creator to create the .ISO image by going to the DISC menu, choosing the drive letter on the left-hand side of the pop-up window and clicking on the READ TRACK button at the bottom.

This opens up another submenu, which allows you to name the image file and select the archive's directory (the loaction where you want to save the .ISO image to).

Once created, any standard burning ROM will easily burn the .ISO image, such as Nero, Prassi or RecordNow, amongst others.

Of course, in version 2.0 and CS3 of Encore, the "Create Disc Image" feature is built in, eliminating the need for a third-party app.

Scot

Return to posts index

Nick Williams
on Oct 31, 2009 at 1:27:06 pm

Worked perfectly! Many thanks to you and ImgBurn for such helpful advice and saving my sanity when I thought that 4 months work was trapped in a defunct file format! Nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]