FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual Layer DVD(DVD9) problem URGENT DEADLINE

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Mills
Dual Layer DVD(DVD9) problem URGENT DEADLINE
on Oct 23, 2007 at 2:09:39 pm

Hey all,
Working in Encore CS3 and im not able to set the layer break manually when building the project...anyone else having this problem...pleas let me know how to get this too work is this just a bad bug in CS3?...need to get disc to replicators today!!!
thanks
B

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Dual Layer DVD(DVD9) problem URGENT DEADLINE
on Oct 23, 2007 at 2:31:27 pm

If Encore can put the layer break between timelines, then it will do so automatically, even if you choose to manually set the layer break.

Could this situation apply in your case?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Brian Mills
on Oct 23, 2007 at 2:49:46 pm

i think so...wasn't sure...1st time making a dual layer...it build the dvd folder...but it fails when burning it...using nero 8 to burn...got a pioneer 112d external to burn...just wanted to make sure my build from encore was ok...not sure if its the drive or not since i just got it yesterday...im assuming that making a dvd folder and not an image is ok to do for this

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 23, 2007 at 2:57:53 pm

I wouldn't touch Nero with a 10-foot pole. My opinion.

You should try creating an image and burning that, or try burning directly from Encore.

But...

Usually replicators rely on DLT or a special kind of DVD-R (that Encore can't create) as the project source. Do you have a DLT drive?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Brian Mills
on Oct 23, 2007 at 3:10:23 pm

i can try to make an image...havnt tried that yet...our replicators said they can use a DVD+R DL to work with...so hopfully thats true...what burning software do you like?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 23, 2007 at 3:24:05 pm

I use GEARPro Professional, but if you ever need precise and complete control over the layer break, or being able to verify that an Encore DLT image was written correctly, then you will need GEARPro Mastering. It isn't cheap.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Brian Mills
on Oct 23, 2007 at 3:49:14 pm

thanks alot for all the info...downloaded the trial of Gear...and trying a burn...will see how it does...setting the break seemed kinda tricky...but i think ill see if encores break will be ok...would Gear be good to use for an Image burn?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 23, 2007 at 4:05:01 pm

[Brian Mills] "would Gear be good to use for an Image burn?"

Absolutely. It's the program I use to burn my Encore images. I almost never burn directly from Encore. GEARPro Professional & Mastering supports multiple burners, so if you have more than one burner on your system, or if you ever build your own dupe tower, you can use GEAR to burn to all drives simultaneously.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Brian Mills
on Oct 23, 2007 at 4:06:53 pm

thanks alot for all your help...hopfully ill get it to work...do u normally just use the break where encore makes or do u chang it in Gear...seemed kinda complicated in gear with sectors and all...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]