FORUMS: list search recent posts

Internal error message

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
skimber
Internal error message
on Oct 22, 2007 at 10:47:56 pm

I am having a problem when I try to build my project in CS3. I keep getting an internal error when it tries to create one of my menus. The error says, "PGC 'Scene Selection 4' has an error at 00;01;21;15. internal software error: %0, line Scene Selection 4 - PGC Info: name = Scene Selection 4, ref=Jpgc, time=00;01;21;15."

The bizarre thing is this menu is only 1 min and 13 sec long. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (I already tried to re-create the menu and re-link everything to the new menu, but to no avail).

Return to posts index

huskers
Re: Internal error message
on Oct 23, 2007 at 2:33:43 am

I see you have run into the same problem many of us using Encore have encountered. I have submitted a bug report to Adobe three times. I do hope they get that fixed and soon. I paid enough. I expect a perfect program.

John

Return to posts index

skimber
on Oct 23, 2007 at 11:24:31 am

Have you discovered any work around for how I can use the program in the meantime? I just put a ton of work in creating that menu. I'd hate to have to start from scratch in another program. Plus, I really don't have time to wait for an update from Adobe.

Return to posts index

skimber
on Oct 23, 2007 at 3:01:31 pm

Anyone know if it would help if I converted my files to mpegs beforehand? Time is kind of an issue here. That's the only reason I'm posting frequently. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 23, 2007 at 3:17:24 pm

All I can recommend is that you delete the video asset from your project, then clean the media cache database via Edit>Preferences. You may even have to go into the project's SourcesMenus folder and delete any .mpg files in that folder that relate to the problem menu.

Then try again.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

skimber
on Oct 23, 2007 at 5:56:44 pm

Thanks. That's frustrating, but I'll give it a try.

Return to posts index

Greg Mooney
on Nov 7, 2007 at 2:25:58 pm

Internal software error when producing DVD from PPro CS3
On the Adobe site I found two workarounds, tested one on a short video and it worked.
1. Use Encore 2 which can coexist with CS3
2. This is the one I tested:
Render the project in PPro CS3.
Export to Adobe Media Encoder.
Set format to MPEG2-DVD and select quality.
Click on Multiplexer tab below.
Select DVD and OK.
Import exported MPG into Encore and burn disc from it.

Workaround #2 was attributed to Adobe. Nothing mentioned about money back or update.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]