FORUMS: list search recent posts

mpeg 4 imports scrunched

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
airkogan
mpeg 4 imports scrunched
on Oct 22, 2007 at 7:20:03 pm

I'm sorry to bug everyone on here so much in the past week. I'm trying to import a file encoded in Sorenson Squeeze, an MPEG 4 AVC (assuming this is the same as H.264) into encore and it imports (progress over procoder at least), but seems to open up scrunched to looking like a 4:3. In Sorenson Squeeze, in the MPEG 4 area, there is no selection back and forth from 16:9 to 4:3 so I don't think it's that, and I keep setting the aspect ratio to 1280:720. It still enters scrunched. When I use their default settings for Blu-ray in the MPEG II section, it imports just fine.

Just when I thought I was getting somewhere... Help!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: mpeg 4 imports scrunched
on Oct 22, 2007 at 8:43:20 pm

Make sure that Encore is interpreting the file correctly (File>Interpret Footage). Not only should your frame size be 1280x720, but the pixel aspect ratio should be square (1.0).

I believe AVC is Sorenson's named for the H.264 codec.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

airkogan
on Oct 22, 2007 at 9:07:59 pm

Getting closer. This is good. It is interpreting it wrong, and I correct it and it is then right. However, when I have a timeline set to 16:9 and then bring it in, the timeline reverts to 4:3 and shows the footage letterboxed.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 22, 2007 at 9:47:55 pm

[airkogan] "Getting closer. This is good. It is interpreting it wrong, and I correct it and it is then right. However, when I have a timeline set to 16:9 and then bring it in, the timeline reverts to 4:3 and shows the footage letterboxed."

Not sure I'm clear on this. How did you set your timeline to 16:9? Encore does that automatically based on its interpretation of the asset used in the timeline.

Try deleting your original timeline. Make sure your asset is interpreted correctly, then create a new timeline from it *after* you verify the interpretation.

What happens then?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

airkogan
on Oct 24, 2007 at 9:48:50 pm

Okay, I've done some more experimenting and it seems that Sorenson has some problem creating files that are properly read by Encore for this file type. So that makes Sorenson's files useless and Procoder's useless. So far I'm 0 for 2. But I did get a file created with main concept's encoder to work fine, except there is a pilaring effect on the sides of the screen in Encore.

I'm thinking that this is either normal or an adjustment needs to be made in my file size to compensate for square/non-square pixel conversion. Any idea on that?

I have communicated with Sorenson's team and told them that they should talk to Adobe's team and figure out a fix for an upcoming update.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]