FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray burning blues

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bud
Blu-ray burning blues
by
on Oct 22, 2007 at 3:21:44 pm

Even though Encore (windows pc) says it successfully creates a Blu-ray disc, trying to play it on a Samsung BD-P1400 generates a "unable to read disc" message. After reading everything I can find, and upgrading software, etc., I still can only make coasters. Encore says the project has no errors.
I even created a blu-ray image from Encore and burned a disc using ImgBurn and got the same result - no play.
The project is a small test. One menu, one button, one 1 minute mpeg2 720p 59.94 timeline.
The video was created in FCS 2, mpeg2 created in Apple Compressor using the HD MPEG 2 30 minute setting and changing the Stream Usage setting to Blu-ray. Encore on windows seems to like the files - importing and previewing with no problems. It also doesn't need to transcode the files for blu-ray. Author and Build the Blu-ray - Encore thinks it is successful. Still no play. I also know of no way to look at what is on the disc! Please help!

Encore CS3 3.0.1.008
Dell Precision 360 3Ghz Pentium, 2GB ram
Pioneer BDR-202 internal burner

Plenty of disappointment and frustration.

Return to posts index

airkogan
Re: Blu-ray burning blues
on Oct 22, 2007 at 4:08:27 pm

I have that Samsung Player and it works. You have to author the disc to either 720 or 1080. It will not accept anything lower for Blu-ray, even though Encore can burn Blu-ray at 480. What ratio are you using?

Return to posts index

airkogan
on Oct 22, 2007 at 4:10:52 pm

I didn't read the 720 thing. Try using Sorensen squeeze with it's Blu-ray setup. You can download a trial I believe which will watermark your program. I'm using Encore on a Mac and the samsung units are the only ones that seem to play these. What brand Blu-ray discs are you using?

Return to posts index

pelle_ferner
on Oct 22, 2007 at 4:31:54 pm

Hello.
Just want to say that I have made blu-ray discs in Encore on verbatim discs, both BD-R and BD-RE that plays nice on an ps3. I use h264 and a max bitrate of 30. I just have had a cinema previue of one of my films and we run it from a blu-ray disc 1080i on a PS3 and i was exposed on a 12 meter large screen in one of swedens biggest cinemas and i was looking perfect. Smooth and nice. I could relly recommend everyone to use this combination. I post this because it is allways interesting to know what blu-ray setup people have try with god results

Return to posts index

airkogan
on Oct 22, 2007 at 4:39:01 pm

What program do you use for h.264 encoding? I've had a hell of a time trying to bring them in from Procoder.

Return to posts index

Pelle_Ferner
on Oct 22, 2007 at 6:41:27 pm

Hello.
To answer the question:What program do you use for h.264 encoding? I've had a hell of a time trying to bring them in from Procoder.

I

Return to posts index

Bud
by
on Oct 22, 2007 at 4:42:59 pm

I'm using TDK BD-R 25GB Single Layer 2x.
I also have imation BD-R discs that are printable, that I'm saving for the project once I get a working disc.

Return to posts index

Bud
Re: Blu-ray SUCCESS!
by
on Oct 22, 2007 at 9:20:30 pm

I found one thing I overlooked. Getting a firmware update from Samsung for the BD-P1400. Now both the Encore and ImgBurn versions play fine.

Having bought it only last week, along with it being their latest machine, I wrongly assumed it would be compatible. This has the potential for some very unhappy clients. Sending out BD-R discs to prospects, only to have them not play.

Return to posts index

airkogan
on Oct 22, 2007 at 9:25:29 pm

This is all like DVD-Rs all over again, but worse. What's really crazy is that the Sony players don't play the discs. I had last week two discs from Netflix that wouldn't play in either of my Samsung BD players. I took it to Best Buy and tried it out in every player they had, including a Sony, and none played them-- and these were replicated Blu-ray discs from Sony!!!!!

What I am doing is either informing clients about the problem and telling them which players I have personally gotten the writable discs to work on and suggesting they get one of those. It's a disclaimer, but at this point all we can do. The good news is that most people who want small orders of Blu-ray discs want them to show once or at a show or to a select group of people. Most of them are buying the players for the first time. They do work on playstations, which is a big plus!

Return to posts index

Bud
by
on Oct 22, 2007 at 10:19:22 pm

Amazing. Definitely need a lot of customer education before handing out a disc. Thanks for the heads up!

Return to posts index

Gerardo Diwa
on Jun 7, 2010 at 3:34:38 am

Just found this thread about Blu-ray disc burning on Adobe Encore. I have CS3 and thinking of upgrading to the CS5 Production Premium package. I've started getting more inquiries on delivering wedding videos via Blu-ray and seems like Encore is on top of this task/feature. Also good to know about the BD player firmware updates issue.

My creative outlets:
* Audio Engineering, Music Production, Editing, Recording @ http://www.Sound-Weavers.com
* Photography at http://flickr.com/islandman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]