FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing from premiere pro lags on encore and shakes!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vin2000
importing from premiere pro lags on encore and shakes!
on Oct 12, 2007 at 12:10:07 am

hey guys,

this is SO frustrating!!!

i encode on premiere, tried both ways, MPEG2-DVD and got the two files, imported on encore, previewed it and it LAGS! shakes! then before i burned it, it transcoded and i thought that would be the end of the problem. it wasn't. on the laptop dvd it plays fine, but on the television, it shakes so bad, as if the frames aren't right!

i encoded another file on premiere, simply MPEG2 without the -DVD option. it came off as one file, an MPEG, i opened it seperately through windows media player, NO problem! runs smooth! I import it on encore, same problem in the preview, shakes! even on the monitor!!

what seems to be the problem?! the audio is great!! but it just looks likes trails, especially during a pan... not sure if this is normal but if i see the timeline, the audio goes smooth at the bottom but the video you could see it jump.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance,

vin.

Return to posts index

vin2000
Re: importing from premiere pro lags on encore and shakes!
on Oct 12, 2007 at 12:56:33 am

another note,

if i play the video clip on the project panel on the top left corner, it plays perfect, the problem ONLY happens when i put it into the timeline... that's when the video starts shaking and you can see it in the monitor and as i described above, see the red video timelime indicator jump when moving it around while the audio one stays normal...

help!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 12, 2007 at 3:50:23 pm

Try reversing the field order of your video when you export as MPEG2-DVD.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

vin2000
on Oct 12, 2007 at 4:45:41 pm

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the quick response.

How do I reverse the field order? I'm not in front of the program right now and not very familiar with all the features. Is that where I go to adobe media encoder and under layers pick upper instead of lower? I know there's an option like that, I always leave it at lower which I think is standard.

Thanks in advance,

Vin.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 12, 2007 at 5:07:21 pm

[vin2000] "Is that where I go to adobe media encoder and under layers pick upper instead of lower?"

That is correct.

Use a small section of your timeline in PPro by setting the work area bar to just a few minutes, then encode with the AME using Upper. Import that clip into a new Encore project and burn to an RW disc to see if setting to Upper will fix the issue for you.

Doing the test this way saves time and doesn't make a coaster.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

vin2000
on Oct 12, 2007 at 5:14:20 pm

Thanks Jeff,

I will try that in a couple of hours.

I use only DVD+R or DVD-R not RW since I don't have those. I thought maybe the +R would make a difference but it didn't.

I'll update you on my progress, thanks again!

Vin.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 12, 2007 at 6:11:57 pm

It's always good to have a couple of RW discs around (+ or - doesn't matter) for testing your projects. You can use them over and over again.

Plus R or minus R blank media is cheap, but it's still not free. :-)

-Jeff

Return to posts index

vin2000
on Oct 25, 2007 at 12:05:38 pm

hi there,

took me a little longer than expected to give it a try changing the field order from lower to upper. turns out, that didn't work. in fact, on pp2 it would stop halfway into the project at a certain spot where i have a video effect. regardless, i imported the footage and it still shakes and lags. the audio is perfect...

i went to the adobe forums and some people have had the same problems but nobody has the solution! except one person who downgraded to encore 1.5 and it worked fine...

there's an option when i select mpeg-2dvd on pp2 multiplexing it says none, should i change it to dvd?

i don't understand it at all... it plays perfect on media player, if i burn from pp2 directly to the dvd there is no problem, but just importing it to the software (not even transcoding it yet) on the monitor you see it lag.

help!!!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 25, 2007 at 2:19:47 pm

[vin2000] "in fact, on pp2 it would stop halfway into the project at a certain spot where i have a video effect."

This indicates you may have additonal issues to solve in PPro.

[vin2000] "if i burn from pp2 directly to the dvd there is no problem, but just importing it to the software (not even transcoding it yet) on the monitor you see it lag."

If you have transcoded a DVD-compliant mpeg2 file in PPro, then Encore should not transcode it. If Encore is transcoding the file anyway, then that is another indication something is not right in PPro.

Try exporting from PPro as a DV .avi file, then importing that into Encore and letting Encore transcode it to a DVD mpeg2 file.

As always, keep your test exports short (a few minutes of your PPro timeline should be enough) so that you can try more things more quickly.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

vin2000
on Oct 29, 2007 at 7:05:58 am

hello,

i figuired out the problem. i had pp2 running in the background everytime i would run it and that would cause the lag. even if i closed it afterwards it would still lag. i'd have to restart and open just encore, no shaking nothing, worked like a charm!

thanks for everyone who helped me out with this,

vin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]