FORUMS: list search recent posts

maintaining 5.1 audio from Premiere to Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SilverCorinth
maintaining 5.1 audio from Premiere to Encore
on Oct 9, 2007 at 8:02:58 pm

I use Premiere Pro CS3 and mix down to 5.1 channel audio.

How can I maintain the 5.1 when I export to Encore to author my DVD ?

Right now from Premiere Pro CS3 I export to Encore, change audio settings to Dolby Digital.

Is there any other Dolby 5.1 Audio Codec I can use than the (very expensive to buy) trial version of Minnetonka Audio's SurCode that comes with Premiere Pro CS3 ?

Free but functional is always nice.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: maintaining 5.1 audio from Premiere to Encore
on Oct 11, 2007 at 3:56:52 pm

Encore supports multichannel audio, but it must already be encoded to AC3 or DTS (Encore's Dolby Digital encoder is stereo-only, and cannot encode to surround - in fact, Encore won't even allow you to import unencoded surround audio due to this fact).

Return to posts index

SilverCorinth
on Oct 11, 2007 at 4:06:25 pm

[quote]
Encore won't even allow you to import unencoded surround audio due to this fact).
[/quote]

Yes i noticed that. The only way to get 5.1 to Encore is to Export to Encore from Premiere Pro CS3.

Is there any alternatives to the SurCode encoder ?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 11, 2007 at 5:48:37 pm

The Minnetonka encoder is cheap compared to most.

You may want to go to videohelp.com and check for other multichannel encoders.

Return to posts index

Martin Eriksson
on Jun 29, 2008 at 5:17:29 pm

Export your 5.1 surroundmix as 6 individual WAV monofiles or just one multichannel WAV from your favorite program. Then encode your AC3 with WAV to AC3 Encoder (It's freeware). http://thefrontend.sourceforge.net
It gives you a perfect 5.1 Dolby Surround .ac3 file ready to drag and drop into Encore.

WAV to AC3 Encoder is a GUI for Aften A/52 audio encoder created by Justin Ruggles. WAV to AC3 Encoder can encode multi-channel WAV files and/or multiple mono WAV files into AC-3 audio files.

WAV to AC3 Encoder project was started at 27 January 2007 by Wiesław Šoltés. There are Win32 (x86) and x64 (x86_64, AMD64) binaries available. WAV to AC3 Encoder fully supports UNICODE and ANSI. This program is very fast with full support of multi-core and multi-cpu machines (you can do detailed benchmarks using logging function).

Supported operating systems: Miscrosoft Windows 98SE, Me, XP, XP 64bit, 2003, 2003 64bit, Vista, Vista 64bit, 2008, 2008 64bit.

The main developer of WAV to AC3 Encoder is Wiesław Šoltés (wiso, wisodev).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]