FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote Menu Button

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
damian riddell
Remote Menu Button
on Oct 9, 2007 at 2:46:58 pm

This may have a very simple answer, but I can't seem to figure it out:
I have created a DVD with a Menu, and many Submenus/Sub-submenus. When viewing any Submenus, if the viewer hits "menu" on their remote it takes them to a random video clip. There is a menu button on screen to take you to the parent menu, but the client is annoyed by this function with their remote. How do I either disable the remote menu button or point it to the correct parent menu?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Remote Menu Button
on Oct 12, 2007 at 3:18:10 pm

Any "Menu Remote" button will toggle between the display of a menu and a video clip. If you are viewing a menu, then pressing a Menu button will take you to the last video clip that was played, at the point where playback was interrupted by the first press of the Menu button.

The behavior your client is experiencing is normal and expected with any DVD.

You can disable the menu remote buttons from the Properties tab for a Timeline.

You can explicitly set the target menu from the Properties tab as well. The default is Return to Last Menu.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Amy Wong
Re: Remote Menu Button
on Mar 27, 2008 at 3:44:21 am

Hi!
Just found this post, and I was also having trouble with the Menu Remote button.

The project file works fine on Encore, I click on the Menu Remote button and it goes back and forth, but when I burnt the DVD and tested on my player, it didn't work. When I press the Menu Remote from a Timeline, it goes back to the Menu, but when I press it again it doesn't go back to the point where I was.

Thanks,
Amy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]