FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Powerpoint-esque dvd with chapters??

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sonja van den ende
A Powerpoint-esque dvd with chapters??
on Oct 8, 2007 at 12:00:08 am

How can I create a powerpoint-like dvd that navigates via the 'next' / 'chapter' buttons on a remote?

I've created a dvd consisting of 80 menus with invisible forward & back buttons that respond to the ENTER button on the remote. This works fine & does what the client wants. But ....

But I've been shown a disk where both the ENTER button and the NEXT/PREVIOUS CHAPTER buttons can be used. When I open this disk in Media Player, the playlist shows dozens of chapters. (???) I've tested to see if the 'slides' are actually on a timeline, but the disk refuses to fast forward & stays on the same slide for over 30 minutes.

Thanks for any insights,

Sonja

Return to posts index

butterflyman
Re: A Powerpoint-esque dvd with chapters??
on Oct 8, 2007 at 11:40:51 am

This is exactly what I'm working on.
I'm trying to move from a Power Point based programs to Encore video based, yet I still want the control which Power Point gives.

Right now, I'm testing one long movie with lots of Chapter points and the End Action of each takes me back to the Menu with the next item highlighted.

This seems to work for me.
The enter key plays the chapter and when it's done stops at the beginning of the next chapter.

I've noticed that while the video is playing you can jump forward and backward.

Question - do you do all your work in Encore or do you work in Premiere and move the entire movie to Encore?

Return to posts index

Apriz
on Nov 13, 2007 at 7:01:51 am

en, powerpoint to dvd with dvd menu, play powerpiont on tv.
to realise this, you need a software like: Moyea PPT to DVD Burner.
Moyea PPT to DVD Burner is the powerful program to convert and burn PowerPoint presentations to DVD with excellent quality. It can retain all the animations, transitions, audio tracks, video clips, action buttons, internal links and other options added in the presentation, and generate DVD Menus to enable you to control the playback with a DVD remote. With this program, you don't have to have a computer to do your presentations with your Powerpoint files. Just a TV and a DVD player will do the job perfectly.
For more detailed informaiton, you can visit: http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com
download at:
http://www.download.com/Moyea-PPT-to-DVD-Burner/3000-2075_4-10731055.html?t...

Return to posts index

butterflyman
on Nov 18, 2007 at 11:56:44 am

I know that there are a lot of programs which do this.
I haven't checked them out - but this is one I've tried and it works great.

As a presenter, it's exactly what I'm looking for and seems to have the power to do a good job.

Return to posts index

Apriz
on Nov 19, 2007 at 5:20:13 am

yes, you are right. I use it for my school teaching work.
this article may be helpful for you to better understand this software:http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/blog/?p=8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]