FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS3 project file crashes when Checked

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LuckyDude
CS3 project file crashes when Checked
on Oct 6, 2007 at 11:30:59 pm

I have a project involving 5 menus that crashes every time I attempt a Check Project. If I have the Menu list open when I Start the Check, I notice that an additional menu appears in the list, and that a couple of the errors found relate to buttons on this "invisible" menu. As soon as the Check finishes the whole application crashes and the usual Microsoft "Sorry but..." message appears.

The previously invisible menu looks to be one that I created and deleted earlier, but I now can't get it to appear in the Menu list to open it or delete it. I have saved the whole project under another name so I can experiment with this but it's not looking hopeful.

Is there some way past this problem, or have I got a terminally corrupted project here?

Regards, Not-so-LuckyDude

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: CS3 project file crashes when Checked
on Oct 12, 2007 at 2:00:02 pm

Navigate to your Encore project folder, and look in the SourcesMenus folder.

If the "invisible" menu is listed there, delete it.

You should also try cleaning/deleting the cache database from the Edit>Preferences menu.

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Glenn Hanna
on Jan 6, 2008 at 4:07:22 am

Same thing happened to me. I created a new HD menu by mistake in my SD project and then quickly deleted it. It was gone from my project until I went to build a DVD, and the system found the menu and the inactive buttons during pre-build inspection. I couldn't find the menu in my project window or my menus window. I tried to check for errors again and the program crashed. It continued to crash on the proceeding attempts to build a disc. I cleaned and deleted the cache database twice without any success. I finally bypassed the entire check project process by unchecking every option in the inspection list. I was able to build a disc successfully. After burning a few discs, the HDMenu showed up in the Menus window. I can highlight the menu from the list, but it won't delete! I can delete any other menu in the list, but not that one. I can delete the four linkless buttons it contains, but not the entire menu.
I have Adobe EncoreCS3 3.0.0.268
My burned DVDs work flawlessly.

Return to posts index

Jane Prophet
on Feb 20, 2008 at 6:18:08 pm

Glenn, I have the same problem, exactly the same. Once I managed to delete the submenus in the HD menu, but not the HD menu itself, and then it crashed again. Since then it has reloaded my project with the submenus back in, and I cannot even delete the submenus without a crash. Anyone got a fix for this yet? Jane

Return to posts index

Jane Prophet
on Feb 20, 2008 at 7:18:58 pm

Update. I Quit Encore, opened the folder containing my project (a folder above my '.ncor' file of the same name. I then opened the 'Sources' folder and the 'menus' folder and dragged all files that looked like the rogue HD menus into the wastebasket. Now I can run a complete Check without a crash. However, the check reveals an invisible Menu (yes, the HD menu!) and makes a placeholder for it. BUT, the check runs and I can build discs no problem with this work around.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]