Encore CS3 - New Install - General Error - Menus

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dand9959
Encore CS3 - New Install - General Error - Menus
on Oct 2, 2007 at 2:30:16 pm

I've just installed CS3 on a PC.

Start Encore, new project.
Double click on a motion menu template in the library (e.g. "Fire" under "Corporate")
Menu loads, I see the assets listed in project pane.
Get a "General Error" popup towards the end of the load process.

On one machine, this error pops up ad infinitum...must use Task Manager to close Encore.

On another machine, error pops up, but I can close and continue...until I click on the menu pane. Error pops up a random number of times.

What's the deal here? Two different machines exhibiting the same basic problem. Encore is flat out unusable.

I've applied the 3.0.1 patch from Adobe. No change in the above behavior.

I would really appreciate some tips to fix this!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore CS3 - New Install - General Error - Menus
on Oct 2, 2007 at 4:26:30 pm

You should provide some more information about your system (CPU, graphics card and driver version and date, installed RAM, and available hard disk space).

You should also provide information about codecs that are installed on your system, as well as any other video software (players, converters, editing software, authoring software, etc.)

General errors like this are hard to pin down. I can't duplicate the error here using the steps you listed, so most likely the clues will all have to come from you.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Dand9959
on Oct 2, 2007 at 6:05:08 pm

Thanks, Jeff.

Turns out that a hard-boot seems to have fixed the problem, though I've only had time to do the basic steps I outlined above.

In future releases the CS3 installer ought to force or suggest a reboot at the end of the install.

BTW...this was happening on an XP (Pro and Home) system. A P4 and a Core Duo, 2G memory on both.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 2, 2007 at 7:44:14 pm

[Dand9959] "In future releases the CS3 installer ought to force or suggest a reboot at the end of the install."

FWIW, when I installed CS3, one of the "finish" buttons was captioned, "Finish and Restart".

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]