FORUMS: list search recent posts

links' menu:button setup not working

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
moxiecat
links' menu:button setup not working
on Sep 27, 2007 at 1:51:50 pm

I am trying to set my menus up so when a button is clicked on a submenu, it returns to the main menu with a specific button on the main menu highlighted. I know how to do this in Encore, and everything in Encore works correctly during previewing. That's not the question. :-)

My problem is, when Encore builds the DVD, many of my specified buttons get all screwed up. For instance, if I want to return to the Main Menu with the "biographies" button on the main menu highlighted, another button that I didn't specify is highlighted instead.

Why is Encore building the disc wrong? It's correct in the previewing stage. Is this a known glitch with specifying a button to be highlighted after a link is followed?

Going crazy here, and don't know how to fix this. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: links' menu:button setup not working
on Sep 28, 2007 at 11:17:06 pm

Are you sure your button routing is correct?

Are you sure you are using the correct commands on the hardware/software DVD players to get to the menu(s)?

Are you sure you have explicitly set the correct menu button number as the target of the link to the menu?

Do you have any overlapping buttons?

Screen shots of your Menu Viewer with Show Button Routing selected, and of your Flowchart panel, would help.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]