FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why would Encore 1.5 be more compatible?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
honion
Why would Encore 1.5 be more compatible?
on Sep 25, 2007 at 6:38:36 pm

I know that burned DVD's are not the most reliable when it comes to computer playback but it seems that a DVD created in Encore 1.5 plays in more machines than one created from CS3. This is very frustrating!! Both versions were composed from the same video files and put onto the same disc stock. The discs out of CS3 played on all the computers in our office except for the two acer laptops we have. The 1.5 version played on all machines. Any ideas on why this is happening and how to correct it so that I don't have to install an old version of Encore onto my new machine? Thanks!

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: Why would Encore 1.5 be more compatible?
on Sep 26, 2007 at 1:18:18 pm

My experience with player incompatibility involves media. In those 2 PCs that wont play the CS3 discs, does Windows Explorer see the folder and files? Is there any error message?

Return to posts index

honion
on Sep 26, 2007 at 1:21:53 pm

There is no error and the disc shows up as blank in Explorer. It just doesn't do anything.

Return to posts index

mike velte
on Sep 26, 2007 at 1:27:01 pm

Well, you know the files are on the discs.
That is probably media incompatibility or junk DVD drives. Try different/better media. Been there/done that...

Return to posts index

ClintVideo
on Oct 5, 2007 at 2:03:05 pm

Most likely the Acers have drives that only read one flavor of DVD media. We have this issue with older computers we test with in our shop.

Clint

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]