FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help and running out of time

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JerryW
Need help and running out of time
on Sep 22, 2007 at 4:16:12 pm

I have my project in Premiere Pro with Prospect 1920 X 1080 files, 24p, square pixels. It is 90 minutes and I need to produce a widescreen DVD, trying to do that with Encore. Cineform says to export a Cineform HD file - which I did but it turned out with black bars at top and bottom - not what I expected. (That took a long time and was 45gb at 1080p.)

Someone please tell me how to export from Premiere Pro to get to where I want to with Encore. I'm running out of time and need to send the DVD out Monday or so. I've experience in another program with DVD burning but none with Encore - my first experience - so I would appreciate a step-by-step from PP through burning. I feel like I'm drowning. If anyone has a lifesaver, I'd appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Need help and running out of time
on Sep 22, 2007 at 10:11:38 pm

Did you successfully import the file into Encore?

Is Encore where the letterboxed image appears?

If yes to both questions, then check that Encore is interpreting the footage correctly. Go to File>Interpret Footage and make sure Encore knows that the file has square pixels.

If that doesn't work, rather than trying to troubleshoot why not, I suggest you export from PPro as 720x480 with a PAR of 1.2. Then import that file into Encore. If Encore interprets the PAR correctly, then you should get a nice widescreen DVD out of Encore.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

JerryW
on Sep 23, 2007 at 1:53:29 am

Thanks for the input. I'll try that. Actually, I think the file Premiere burned was correct though it had black horizontal bands above and below the picture. I got the file into Encore but didn't get the file into the timeline. I think I had to pull in into the menu but I was trying to pull it onto the timeline. I guess you have to put everything in by the menu screen, right?

I burned a widescreen in another program I am familiar with and it produced a good DVD. I've watched the tutorial on Encore, haven't gotten the hang of it yet but I like the system. I'll keep working on it.

Return to posts index

JerryW
on Sep 23, 2007 at 9:34:29 am

One other question. I'd like to render a Cineform master (1920 X 1080) of the whole movie. If I drop that into Encore opened with a 720 X 480 widescreen setting, will Encore transcode that OK into a standard widescreen DVD without problem?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Sep 23, 2007 at 11:34:50 am

For Standard Definition DVDs, either Premiere or Encore will have to transcode and downres the HD Cineform content. You can do it in Encore as you have described, or export from PPro at SD DVD resolution as I mentioned earlier.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]