FORUMS: list search recent posts

License Expired?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathlyn Lindeboom
License Expired?
on Sep 21, 2007 at 7:25:53 pm

Installed the CS3 Master Collection about a month ago. Registered, and activated the programs. Checked all the programs to make sure they worked properly. Everything did.

Yesterday, Ron got a "Your license has expired" notice when he tried to open Encore.

I tried to open mine today, just to see if it would and I got the same thing. I have been through all of the adobe support docs that I can find and can't find anything about my expired license or how to fix it. Everything else seems to be working just fine.

Any ideas? Other than sitting on the phone for hours with tech support?

I even found an updater which seemed to install just fine. But the program still won't open because all I get is a dialog box which says my license is expired and click ok. I click okay and I get the splash screen as if it's going to start to open, but then the dialog box comes up again and my only option is to click okay and then it stops trying to load.

Kathlyn Lindeboom
The Mistress of Mmmooooo™
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

Greg Mulvey
Re: License Expired?
on Sep 21, 2007 at 8:29:07 pm

Did you ever have any Adobe beta software on your system? If so that could be part of the problem. Email me and I can tell you some things to try. If you didn't then cal tech support, I dont think the wait would be to long.

Greg

Return to posts index

Kathlyn Lindeboom
on Sep 21, 2007 at 9:53:07 pm

Well, I found this page and went through the steps they have listed:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb401528&sliceId=...
"Error "Licensing for this product has stopped working" when you start any Adobe Creative Suite 3 application

Issue

When you start any Adobe Creative Suite 3 application, you see the error message, "Licensing for this product has stopped working. You cannot use this product at this time. You must repair the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling this product or contacting your IT administrator or Adobe customer support for help."

If you receive the error message, "The licensing subsystem has failed catastrophically," when you open an Adobe Creative Suite 3.x application, then use the information in "Error when launching a Creative Suite 3.x application: 'The licensing subsystem has failed catastrophically'" (Technote kb402004).

Solution

If you did not receive any errors during installation, then perform these steps in the order given.

1. For an incomplete installation, follow the steps in knowledgebase document kb401401 (Windows) or kb402151 (Mac OS).
If you received errors during installation, and you've never been able to open your CS3 application, then the installation is incomplete. Please follow the steps in Technote kb401401 (Windows) or Technote kb402151 (Mac OS).

2. Move or delete the cache.db file.
Move the cache.db file from the follwing locations, onto the desktop or another folder. You can delete this file, but if you do, you'll need to enter your serial number the next time you open your application.

On Windows XP and Windows Vista, the cache.db file is located in Program FilesCommon FilesAdobeAdobe PCDcache
On Mac OS X, the cache.db file is located in Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache
Try to open your Adobe application.

3. Move the Trusted Storage File (TSF) out of the FLEXnet folder.
Move the adobe_0080000.tsf.data file onto the desktop or to another safe location from the Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/FLEXnet folder (Windows XP), ProgramDataFLEXnet folder (Windows Vista), or the Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet folder (Mac OS).

Important: Do not delete this file.

Try opening your Creative Suite 3 application. If you still cannot open the application, then continue to the next step.

4. Rename the FLEXnet folder, under the appropriate folder.
Rename the Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/FLEXnet folder (Windows XP), the ProgramDataFLEXnet folder (Windows Vista), or the Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet folder (Mac OS), to oldFLEXnet."
So, in both cases it took me to an activation screen and said activation was successful, but I still get the license expired dialog box and so Encore won't open.

I guess a call to tech support is next or .... any other suggestions?

Kathlyn Lindeboom
The Mistress of Mmmooooo™
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

Adolfo Rozenfeld
on Sep 24, 2007 at 1:52:14 am

Please send an e-mail to Greg or myself (ar(AT)adolforozenfeld.com) for a trick that will surely solve your problem.
It can't be posted in a public forum :)

Return to posts index

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Clarification
on Sep 25, 2007 at 3:15:19 am

Just so it's clear, I was specifically inviting the Cow's Kathlyn to write to me, because I have reasons to believe it's an (again) specific case.
Unfortunately, I don't have any tricks to share regarding licensing problems.

Is it clear now? :)

Return to posts index

Luke Reagor
Re: Clarification
on Jan 12, 2008 at 8:46:48 pm

Does anyone know what it took to fix Encore CS3? I have the same problem. All the other titles in the Adobe Master Collection CS3 work, but Encore gives me a "Licensing for this product has expired" error. It sounds like the same thing you had, Kathlyn. And I've also tried the list of things you posted earlier. No luck.

Return to posts index

danielle redman
on Apr 18, 2008 at 1:54:59 am

Hi, i work in a a multimedia unit and my team and i have just brought the CS3 creative suite. All the programs work except for Adobe Encore, it states that the 'licence has expired'. I like many other of these posters have tried all the given solutions however nothing has worked.

Any ideas on what it could be??? We have rang IT support and they were not very helpful.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Apr 18, 2008 at 11:05:29 am

Since none of the solutions posted here have worked for you, you must call Adobe Tech Support.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Maciek King
on Jan 19, 2008 at 1:58:46 am

Hello

Can you help me with this problem - I am getting 'Licensing for this product has stopped working' error when trying to launch Adobe CS3. I have tried all the steps in the thread on creativecow forums, including moving cache.db, renaming flex folder, etc - tried several times in the right order and still getting the same error.

Can you help?

thanks in advance
Maciek
maciekjk@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Adolfo Rozenfeld
on Jan 19, 2008 at 4:56:43 am

Maciek:
I have received literally hundreds and hundreds of e-mails about this.
Most of them -and I mean MOST of them-were from people who clearly are using illegal copies or leaked pre-release versions of the software that were never meant for public consumption. A minor amount of messages were from people with valid licenses who had used older public preview versions of Adobe software and did not remove them properly. In the latter case, Adobe tech support is the way to go.

Kathlyn is one of directors of the Cow and as such is very likely that she had a pre-release version, and that's why I offered my help.

Everyone else, please stop writing to me about this.
Please call Adobe tech support and they will guide you, if you have a valid license.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
ar(AT)adolforozenfeld.com

Return to posts index

Caleb Lee
on Sep 11, 2009 at 1:04:37 am

I had this same problem after installing Snow Leopard, I tried everything that Adobe told me to and nothing worked. Most of the things that they wanted me to do was with changing permissions, so that got me thinking...

I first enabled the root user and then logged out of my account.

Logged into the root user, then uninstalled CS3, then re-installed CS3 directly after.

It fixed the problem on my machine.

Return to posts index

solomon njoroge
on Mar 9, 2009 at 2:58:11 am

Hii

When i try to launch adobe encode cs4 , a message reads:your licence has expired.
Help me to activae adobe encode cs4 , thanks.

Return to posts index

Saygilar Sunarim
on Feb 6, 2008 at 8:56:16 pm

I had the same problem with my standalone copy of Encore CS3 after Sep. 1 when Adobe secretly sent that patch down to disable all pirated copies of CS3 related products. However after Googling around for a while on it I found this simple method which managed to get my Encore as well as all other Adobe CS3 programs which suffered from the "Expired License" error message back up again without needing to bother with the clock.

If you still have a record of your old serial which worked before Sep. 1. Try this:

1) First off, delete C:Program FilesCommon FilesAdobeAdobe PCDcachecache.db

2) Then run any of the CS3 (Encore in your case) programs. Click Accept to continue, then enter your serial that used to work. BEFORE clicking next, you'll notice that you have a NEW cache.db file in C:Program FilesCommonFilesAdobeAdobe PCDcache

3) Right click the file, go to properties and make it READ ONLY, and then click next on CS3 after entering your key.

4) Next, after you get to the register software screen. Click "Register Later"

5) Now it should be working, technically speaking that is, but you're not done yet. The register screen should have popped up again. This time, remove the check for "Read Only" from that new cache.db file and select "Do Not Register" from the the top of the register software menu.

6) Now, as soon as you click continue, make the cache.db file read only again, and LEAVE IT THAT WAY to prevent a possible reoccurrence or Adobe trying to send the patch through again disguised as an "update".

Remember that if you need to reinstall the serials of any CS3 product which was working prior to the creation since you have created a new cache.db file you must temporarily uncheck the "read only" properties box for the cache.db.

Then after inserting the serials and reactivating them close the program and then recheck the box.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 6, 2008 at 10:33:52 pm

[Saygilar Sunarim] "I had the same problem with my standalone copy of Encore CS3 after Sep. 1 when Adobe secretly sent that patch down to disable all pirated copies of CS3 related products."

Since Adobe does not sell a standalone copy of Encore CS3, I can only assume you have a pirated or otherwise improperly obtained copy.

The Cow will not tolerate discussions about pirating software or otherwise circumventing software licensing.

Return to posts index

Kurt Toelken
on Jan 3, 2009 at 1:14:40 am

Are you telling me that this is something which ADOBE did !?!?!?!? I have spent hours trying to fix this and it still does not work. I paid A LOT OF MONEY for this software. Now you tell me that they put me through this on purpose? I was pissed off enough when I thought it was a bug. But they did this to me. I'll never buy another ADOBE product as long as I live. I want my thousands of dollars back. I'm going to court. This is not right!!!!!

Return to posts index

Kurt Toelken
on Feb 2, 2009 at 12:56:21 am

Well, I have tried every remedy offered on the Adobe website. None of them worked. I tried uninstalling and then re-installing CS3. That failed with a very informative message "Instal failed". Great. Big help Adobe. I spent thousands on this software and have been out of commission for a couple of months now. Adobe support is completely worthless. They have done nothing but direct me to the remedies on their website which do not work. I am investigating small claims court to get my money back. BOYCOTT ADOBE. This is bullshit!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]