FORUMS: list search recent posts

PLEASE HELP ON TRANSCODING HANG

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
carlos
PLEASE HELP ON TRANSCODING HANG
on Sep 16, 2007 at 4:06:06 pm

Hi, I need to burn this project. I finished, tested it, and works fine. However I can

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: PLEASE HELP ON TRANSCODING HANG
on Sep 16, 2007 at 9:27:58 pm

Can you encode your assets with your editing app. If you get a chance, fill out your profile with your hardware/software versions.
I never allow Encore to transcode, but you have to encode into a format that Encore will accept. Trial & error, than save or note your presets.
I always encode out of Premiere with MainConcept MPEG Pro, than test the validity of the MPEG in Endore with a "dummy" project. Than, when I go to build the actual DVD it takes only a few minutes, even for a full length DVD.

Also, check to make sure the lengths of your Audio and Video tracks are the same, in your timelines.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Sep 16, 2007 at 9:53:40 pm

I just noticed you're using AE.
Create an Output Module Preset: Format: MPEG2-DVD, Quality: 5.0, VBR 4/6/8 Mbps, PCM audio, Multiplex: DVD. Save the preset, than render out your MPEG.

When you bring the resulting MPEG into Encore you should be blessed with a Transcode Status of "Don't Transcode". :)

Of course you can use even higher bitrates, and in my version of AE I can only do a 1-pass encoding, MainConcept in Premiere allows 2-pass.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Sep 17, 2007 at 9:40:21 pm

Hi carlos,

Try this fix from the Adobe forums:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc44cc3

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved