FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Internal software error" ?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MikeyBee
"Internal software error" ?
on Sep 13, 2007 at 1:31:19 am

Couldn't find squat for this online, so maybe someone has run into this...

Clicked "Build DVD" and I get this part way into the process:

PGC "Abandoned (timeline name)" has an error at 00;7;02;28.
internal software error: %0, line Abandoned - PGC Info: name = Abandoned, ref = Vpgc, time = 00:07:02:28

Everything's ready for burning to DVD. I've made sure all my assets are the right aspect ratio and have tried reimporting and retranscoding everything and making sure my timelines don't have gaps, etc. etc. I also re-rendered that particular clip and brought it back in. Doesn't make sense. I have several similar clips (they are all the same with different text) and the rest work just fine. Nothing seems to be wrong at that timecode either.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated and accepted.

Mike Browning
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Field Operations Academy

Return to posts index

MikeyBee
Re: "Internal software error" ?
on Sep 13, 2007 at 2:42:33 am

Nevermind... I figured it out.

For those of you having a similar problem, here's what I did:

I simply opened the original in Premiere Pro and exported it with Adobe Media Encoder as MPEG2-DVD using the 7Mbps CBR 1 pass preset. This imported into Encore without needing transcoding, and the Build DVD continued with no more internal software error.

Return to posts index

Marcellus
on Oct 11, 2007 at 10:04:11 am

Hi I have the same error but the solution you give is useless because it happens on a slideshow (some jpgs + mp3 audiotrack) made in Encore 2.0

when trying to build the DVD, the error appears :(

any help is welcome.

Return to posts index

Dayna De Hoyos
on Sep 18, 2014 at 12:22:41 am

I just tried this and it worked. Thank you so much!! I was so frustrated and angry that i couldn't figure it out. This saved my project.

Return to posts index

Wilma Oneill
Re: "Internal software error SOLUTION" ?
on Dec 16, 2008 at 1:03:49 am

Hi
I got around this problem by creating a folder on the hard drive, then output the build as a DVD image rather than to a disk, point encore to the folder, it will write to the folder. From there open the DVD image files into DVD shrink (which is freeware) and write them to disk from there, I hope this helps

Return to posts index

Brian Cahill
on Jul 11, 2010 at 2:47:27 am

I am having this problem and mine starts at 00;00;00 this is my 3rd project today the other two didnt do this.

all my files are already m2v files

and i tryed the save as image on the hd work around but it didnt work...

got any ideas?

Return to posts index

Kristin Kretzler
on Nov 4, 2011 at 7:46:28 pm

This may be a day late and a dollar short for those of you who were looking for an answer, but for future seekers perhaps this will be helpful.

I was having an internal software error at the end of the Encore timeline. Having learned the hard way that things move quicker in Encore if you have your files already in .m2v with accompanying .wavs via AME, I figured everything would move smoothly. Naturally I was overly optimistic. For all its splendor, CS5 sure has some quirks. Anyway, my workaround (which presumably most of you have already figured out) was to start a Premiere project, import the .m2vs and .wavs onto one sequence, assign Encore chapter markers (if you want) and dynamically link the project to Encore. My project burned to disc without that pesky error the first time around.

Hope that helps.

Equipment:

Mac OS X 10.6.8
2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
12GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Adobe CS5

Return to posts index

Brooke Aldrich
on Feb 8, 2015 at 10:11:57 pm

I am having a similar problem. I imported 1 main m2v (30 mins), and 2 shorter m2vs (4 mins) into Encore. Every time I go to build, I get the "internal software error" message on my 30 minute m2v. I re-rendered twice, and it didn't help.Then, I experimented by removing the 30 minute m2v entirely, and encore built my DVD just fine, with the other m2vs still on there. (All my clips had been rendered the same way.)

The only thing I can think is that Encore is having trouble because the other one is longer?

I took your advice and imported this m2v into Premiere and dynamically linked them. This managed to get Encore to build it!! But-- The quality was much too low, and lower than my m2vs I had rendered with compressor.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Justin Lee
on Mar 27, 2016 at 11:13:25 pm

After hours and hours of internal software errors that drove me mad, I found a solution for my problem. If you've got subtitles in your project, this might help.

I'd already made a DVD project in PAL and successfully built an image of the disc. I then made another project for an NTSC version and used Aegisub and Subtitle Edit to help me convert the speed of all my subtitles. The subtitles came into the NTSC project without a hitch, but every time I'd go to build, Encore would throw those PGC internal software errors at me.

After trying logical solutions, then even the crazier ones like manually typing out my subtitles again (just a bit to test...wasn't that crazy), I used Subtitle Edit to shorten the durations of every subtitle (increasing the gaps between them slightly) ... and it worked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]