FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVDs from Encore CS3 only play in a few machines

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
seanreillyvideo
DVDs from Encore CS3 only play in a few machines
on Sep 10, 2007 at 3:35:13 pm

Hi Been on this all day, I`ve upgraded from Prem 6.5 and Encore 1.5 to CS3, so edited all my wedding in Prem CS3 added chapter makers, then selected export to encore with chapters, added the chapters in encore, burnt the dvd.... but it only plays in a few dvd players where as before with encore 1.5 it played in them all...one says unsupported the other says wrong region code, so I`ve changed region in Encore to region 2.... the only way to make the machines play these disks is to copy them using DVD shrink then its okay... any ideas?

The only difference from before is I output from Prem 6.5 as an avi then got encore to transcode the avi to dvd....also I`m in the UK so this is Pal

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: DVDs from Encore CS3 only play in a few machines
on Sep 16, 2007 at 9:09:10 pm

Try setting the project to "All Regions". If you can, use brand-name media. Burn with dedicated burning software at the slowest speed, and if the software allows it, change the bitsetting to DVD-ROM.
Just some ideas.
The Encore transcoding shouldn't have any effect in playability.

Return to posts index

seanreillyvideo
on Sep 23, 2007 at 8:47:44 pm

Thanks for the reply, I did have all regions selected and was using verbatim disks, but I also posted over at the adobe prem pro site and found out other people were having problems with panasonic players, so now I export as AVI then build chapters in Encore leave it to encode in automatic settings to a folder then use nero to burn to DVD.....works brilliant now.

Return to posts index

tigervideo
on Sep 26, 2007 at 5:16:42 am

I too am having problems with Encore CS3 having the ability to burn a viable DVD.

My computer is used for nothing but video production. I have an IBM Z Pro with twin P4 2.8 processors, 2 gigs of ram, Nvidea graphics card and SATA drives. This system runs both Premiere CS3 and an AVID Express Pro HD NLE software.

I have run the following versions of Encore 1, 1.5, 2.0 and now CS3.

I created a normal SD DVD with "all regions" useable. Encore reported the process complete with no error messages. The disc were Verbatium white printable. The burner is a Pioneer BDR-101A. The disc failed to play on any of the 4 different set top units I have.

I rebuilt the project from scratch and the new DVD still failed to play. I reduced the burn speed and playback failed. I made an ISO file and used it from within ECS3 and while the process showed no error creating the disc the disc still failed to play.

I then reinstalled Encore 2.0 and used the ECS3 ISO file to within Encore 2.0 and burned a DVD and it played fine on all 4 machines.

I have been using these same Verbatium white printable discs for better than a year with no failures or client problems. BTW, the burner is a Pioneer BDR-101A.

In the above process, I left ECS3 installed and used the same DVD burner and another DVD from the same stack of Verbatium blank discs.

I should also mention that I also have a NEC Blu-Ray burner installed on the this system and has been installed since October of this year. I waited for Adobe to come out with Encore and Blu-ray as I really enjoy working with Encore. However, I have not burned my first Blu-ray disc nor have I ever burned any disc on it to date. I do not know why for a few people Encore works and for other, it does not. Why does 2.0 work and CS3 not? ECS3 did not change much beyond adding Blu-ray and Flash, so what is going on?

May be the reason there is not a bigger crowd noise is because not that many people are buying the product. Blu-ray was the reason I stepped forward, however, not many clients are asking for HD DVDs.

I do look forward to any input or suggestions anyone might have to help me/us/Adobe move forward.

Regards,
Chuck

Return to posts index

AS2353
on Oct 22, 2007 at 7:23:57 pm

I am having the same issue. After installing CS3 (including Encore) I created a new project. It burns without errors but will not play on my set top dvd player. The same project, with the same media created in Encore 2.0 works fine. Are there others out there with this issue?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Oct 22, 2007 at 8:49:28 pm

What brand of blank media? How many on a spindle?

Try the outstanding freeware program ImgBurn. Build your Encore project as an image, then burn it to disk with ImgBurn. If you have multiple burners, you can open multiple instances of ImgBurn and burn multiple copies simultaneously.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

AS2353
on Oct 23, 2007 at 2:11:02 pm

Hey Jeff,

thanks for the tip, using IMGburn I was able to create a dvd that plays in my set top players (JVC, Sharp, Sony) after creating an image file in Encore 3.0. Of course, the real question is why Encore 3.0 won't create broadly readable dvd's whereas encore 2.0 did (again, media, burners, system being equal). Until I figure it out, I guess I'll have to do the extra step with ImgBurn.

cheers,

Alex

Return to posts index

Bill Winters
on Mar 25, 2008 at 9:20:15 pm

I too have the same problem. Would u give me a step be step instruction how to do it with encorde cs3 and then with IMGBURN. I am having troubles. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]