FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Menu Problem!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
realitysets.com
Encore Menu Problem!
on Sep 3, 2007 at 6:01:24 am

Okay here's the deal.

I am using Encore CS3. I open a menu (provided with the software) but it doesnt full the entire screen. There are slight Gaps horizontally leaving black stripes down the right and left sides of the screen. This is not apparent in the menu window but when I hit Preview the black down the sides is clearly visible. When I edit a menu in photoshop it comes in the same way. Even worse sometimes from photoshop the menu looks letterboxed. I have tried both 720x480 and 720x540 (to see if it was a square pixel issue) and still the same thing.

The menus supplied with the program do it and this makes no sense to me! I have linked the main menu to an avi (to act as a transition). The transition AVI begins with the title menu, disolves and has a Digital Juice wipe (from an ETK) come up and then ends with a still of the next (sub) menu.

When i run the project it starts on the title screen with the thin (albeit present) black stripes on the left and right. Then when the "transition" video starts to play it appears that the menu "jumps" to full screen stretching slightly (but noticable) to display the way that the menu should to begin with.

Can anyone offer a solution to this menu problem??

http://www.RealitySets.com - Real world set locations for green screen producers. Works with all NLE systems, Adobe Ultra, & After Effecs. Reality Sets- We bring the locations to your studio.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore Menu Problem!
on Sep 6, 2007 at 10:15:24 am

First, I would burn an RW disc to see if it is just a preview issue.

Seocnd, if possible, please post screenshots of:

1. A template menu in the menu viewer that shows the side stripes.

2. A custom menu of yours from Photoshop in the menu viewer that shows the side stripes.

3. Any menu that comes back from Photoshop looking "letterboxed" in the menu viewer.

4. The transition video where the menu fills the screen.

Make sure all of the Menu Viewer controls are visible in the screenshots.

Thanks,
-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]