FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making menu button skip intro

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
DyNesh
Making menu button skip intro
on Aug 15, 2007 at 5:55:00 pm

So I'm fairly new to working in Encore, but I've been going through the Lynda.com tutorials for Encore cs3, so I have a basic understanding of the program. I have created a motion menu in After Effects, and am using that as my first play. Basically the movie flies past some stuff until you get to the still screen and the text comes up that will be menus. Now, when I play this in Encore, I want to see the intro movie, but I have it set to loop after the flyby is done. But when previewing, and the menu button is hit, or course it goes back to the beginning of the animation. Is there a way to have it go back to the loop point instead of watching the whole animation again?

Return to posts index

Greg Mulvey
Re: Making menu button skip intro
on Aug 15, 2007 at 7:57:43 pm

Encore does not support "link to loop point". I have been requesting this feature since Encore first came out. Please submit this feature request to Adobe...

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

As a work around you can create a second version of your menu that does not have the intro. You would then link your assets to this second menu.

Greg Mulvey
Designer:Animator
http://www.gregmulvey.com

Return to posts index

DyNesh
on Aug 16, 2007 at 1:52:09 am

Ok, I figured it wasn't in there, and that if it was, they did a great job of hiding it. But thanks for the workaround, that sounds like it will work great. I didn't even think of that.

Return to posts index

DyNesh
on Aug 16, 2007 at 1:55:46 am

And I'll go make that request, though with cs3 coming out, unless adobe is in a habit of adding features like that to existing versions, it might be awhile before we get to see this feature I guess.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]