FORUMS: list search recent posts

This is probably the stupidest question anyone's ever seen

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martig
This is probably the stupidest question anyone's ever seen
on Jul 20, 2007 at 5:02:26 am

Hi guys. I just had a question about Encore. Is it a FULL DVD making program? Ie. I make the menus, etc., THEN I can add the movies themselves? OR can I make all the menus and such, then export it somehow to use it in conjunction with another burning program? I ask this because I think I'm using it improperly. I have no problem making the menus, or anything, but when it comes to the videos themselves, I'm not sure if I'm doing it properly or not. I'm importing the actual MOVIE movies (the actual movies that I want to watch) as assets, then waiting hours for them to transcode. Is that the right thing to do? Or am I going about this all wrong?

Thanks for any help that anyone can give.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: This is probably the stupidest question anyone's ever seen
on Jul 20, 2007 at 7:48:46 pm

That's the right thing to do.

What are your system specs? Did you add any processing to the transcoding? (i.e. video noise reduction)

Return to posts index

Martig
on Jul 21, 2007 at 5:24:13 am

2.14 GHz
2 GB RAM
Windows XP

I'm not too sure about the noise reduction thing, but I'll check that out. How long on average (with those specs) should it take to import a movie (transcoding it because its 23.976 instead of 24 fps) that's about 1 and a half hours?

Also, can you suggest a program that could possibly convert the files from 23.976 to 24 fps without making the file sizes huge or anything? Thanks again for any help

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 22, 2007 at 11:43:09 pm

On a 3.0 GHz system with 1 GB or RAM, that would take about 90-120 minutes to transcode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]