FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD burning issues

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kazaam
DVD burning issues
on Jul 12, 2007 at 1:46:01 am

Hi there,

I'm having issues with copying DVDs authored in Encore and am unsure which way to turn to solve the problem. At some screenings different discs have failed to play on their DVD players, or alternatively take up to three to five minutes before loading the menu.

My process has been to burn a DVD which is checked on a portable DVD player (no access to any other players at work). This hard copy becomes the master, and then other employees have access to the disc, which they can copy in Nero as demand requires.

Recently the portable player was replaced and the new player (Shinco SDP-2001) has failed to play older masters with no prior issues.

Not sure whether this is disc media playing up (ie. bad brand?) or what process I can check the discs with to be sure that it will play on another client's DVD player.

** Another issue I'm having is that each time I resave a project (ie. to make an update but keep all projects archived) most of the timelines' audio assets in the new project display diagonal lines at the end to signal it is no longer matching the length of the video asset. Once I delete the audio and re-drag to the timeline it corrects itself. Wondering if this is linked to the randomn failure of discs and if I'm not importing assets correctly? I've created from compressing quicktimes into mpeg 2 using Sorenson.

Thanks greatly for your help!

Return to posts index

George W.
Re: DVD burning issues
on Jul 12, 2007 at 10:51:28 am

It might be a problem with the discs, or it might just be the way the discs were burned.

If you are using NERO, did you select the DVD-VIDEO option, or did you simply create a DVD-DATA disc, and drag the VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS Folders to the DATA disc? When you have a choice (depending on your burning software), you should select the DVD-VIDEO mode over DVD-DATA mode.

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Kazaam
Re: DVD burning issues
on Aug 16, 2007 at 3:52:38 am

Thanks George, it turned out to be a media issue - swapped disc brands and burnt on slowest speed and problemo solved!

cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]