FORUMS: list search recent posts

Viewing PDF files on a DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JPJ2007
Viewing PDF files on a DVD
on Jul 10, 2007 at 12:50:12 pm

I have authored a DVD for a client who would like to have some forms available in PDF form for printing for those viewing their DVD on a Computer. I know how to designate these files into a folder for installation on the DVD via Encore. My question is, if I design a simple HTML page with links so someone can view these files, is there a way to have it load automatically when the DVD is placed in the drive? And can there be a selection to play the DVD as one of the choices on this simple html page? Trying to make this simple for those viewing the DVD on a computer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

foonshoe
Re: Viewing PDF files on a DVD
on Jul 10, 2007 at 4:46:00 pm

Hmmm... just a thought here, I wonder if you can add an Autorun.inf that tells it to load that html file.

I'm thinking while typing here, but what about using Encore's Export to Flash option (CS3, of course) to generate the DVD menus and clips portion of your project, then code the html accordingly to select the playback of that Flash file? (forgive me, I have hardly any experience with html) Then everything would live on the final data DVD you would create... again, not sure if this is even possible at all... but they're thoughts nonetheless :)

- The Foonshoe

Return to posts index

Inger123
on Jul 19, 2007 at 4:09:07 am

did you have any luck with finding the answer to your question? I to am looking into do this exact thing. My client is requiring 3000 units of these, so i want to be dam sure it's going to work.
inger

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jul 19, 2007 at 5:38:33 pm

You can add PDF files to the ROM section of a DVD in Encore.

Anything else must be done externally, and then added to the ROM section in Encore before burning.

Return to posts index

Vivaloca
on Aug 3, 2007 at 4:20:57 pm

Is it possible to make a pdf file that has buttons or active areas that can activated with a dvd player remote. If so How could I go about doing that.
I'm in a similar boat where I'm creating a pdf catalogue but with interactive elements inside the pdf that will play movies and sound files. If the viewer doesn't have a dvd player on their computer and needs to insert the disc into a regular dvd player how would they be able to view it. I will have an autorun for the pdf file to open upon inserting cdrom/dvd into computer but don't think that will work on a regular dvd player.

ANy suggetions are great.

Ok what if I made a regular dvd (using menus and studiopro) and had a button for someone to view the pdf? Would the pdf look like crap on a tv? Is it even possible to do.

Ok that's all for questions.
thanks
vv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]