FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG Index Files and hang-up on import after transcode

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dexter Craig
MPEG Index Files and hang-up on import after transcode
on Jun 26, 2007 at 11:32:24 pm

Hi, all --

I did a search for this and found something a few months old, but no answer as to how to work through/around it.

A colleague of mine is having difficulty with Encore hanging up. After Encore has transcoded the video that plays on the background of the menu, the progress bar shifts to "importing." The progress bar completely fills in, then flicks back about 1/4 of the way, and the right quarter of the progress bar flashes off and on about every second.

Encore is writing "MPEG Index Files" (nearly 10,000 of them, now) into a folder in the cache.

It just hangs up.

Any ideas what this is all about? Or how to work around it?

Any help or insight would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Dex

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
Re: MPEG Index Files and hang-up on import after transcode
on Jul 1, 2007 at 8:48:53 pm

Hi Dex
I ran into a similar problem. Work around was to copy all media files and menus into new folder, and start over. Thats a real pain on a complex DVD.
My hunch was I had imported VOB files from a clients DVD into a new project we were working on. The Project settings showed no problem with transcoding and all seemed ok until we went to transcode for burn.Encore went not responding. When trying to fix it I noticed the hundreds of 1.3m BMP files in the Media Cache Folder. I was never able to clear anything out and make it work. There may be some other way, but I did not have time to screw around.

GC

Return to posts index

John Goerner
on Jul 17, 2007 at 4:08:13 am

I suddenly developed this problem as well. I usually create an mpeg 2 file with cleaner then import. I have the same problem with progress bar flipping back a bit and repeating forever. I didn't notice all the cash files until I read about them--wow a bunch!

I uninstalled & reinstalled Encore thinking that would fix it but it didn't. I haven't found a work around yet.

Has anyone found anything new along these lines?

John

Non-Stop Productions

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jul 17, 2007 at 12:05:31 pm

From the Encore FAQ at the Adobe U2U forum:

Solution:
1. Close all programs.
2. Run Regedit.
3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Adobe -> Common.
4. Delete "Media Cache".
5. Restart computer.

This is listed under a title dealing with never-ending transcoding, but it should fix the import issue as well.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Dexter Craig
on Jul 18, 2007 at 2:31:12 pm

Hi, Jeff --

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check that out when I get back on Encore. A little frightening that we have to edit our registry to get the software to work properly, but, hey.... It's windows.

I actually deleted the files and rebuilt the DVD, as well, and it still hung up in transcode. So my solution turned out to be to reauthor the thing in Encore 1.5. Worked like a charm. Glad I kept 1.5 still installed on my machine after the upgrade!

- Dex

Return to posts index

John Goerner
on Jul 18, 2007 at 9:26:58 pm

Thanks Jeff, It worked for me!

John

Non-Stop Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]