FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD RE-authoring

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gianluca
DVD RE-authoring
on Jun 26, 2007 at 9:01:28 pm

Hi all,

This may be a simple question but I don't know how to manage it. I have created a new Encore project using videos created with PP2. On the same dvd i would like to insert a dvd of which i don't have the source files.
In short.. this dvd would have two choices on the main menu:
A) go to the section I prepared using my Avi files (this is already done)with its submenus and stuff
B) go to the section of the dvd I copied on my hd (and therefore Vobs and Ifo and Bups) with its submenus and stuff.

I think I did that in a past project.. but I don't remember how..
any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Gian

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: DVD RE-authoring
on Jun 27, 2007 at 2:04:40 pm

You didn't do it as you described with Encore. In fact, not sure there is any DVD authoring tool in existence that will do what you have described.

You could do something close by stripping the elementary streams from the VOB files of the DVD, and then importing those into Encore. That's not the same as what you're asking for, though.

Return to posts index

ssloan
on Jun 27, 2007 at 5:55:32 pm

For the second DVD that you don't have any files for you'd need to rip it (demux it) back to MPEG 2 / Ac3 files. If the file sets are all one giant VOB string, you may have to cut/demux them into parts with a tool like DGMPGDec.

After doing the above, you could import the demuxed files into your encore project. Sadly, there isn't a really easy way to take a DVD apart. But, the above should cover what you need.

Return to posts index

George W.
on Jun 27, 2007 at 11:34:30 pm

Not available in Encore -- but you do have a few options to do something like what you are describing...

1) DVDLab Pro will allow you to Attach an External VTS (keeping it's menus and videos). You might have to tidy-up the "Title" and "Menu" remote buttons to go back to the Top-level menu (if that's where you want it to go...)

2) You can Author two separate DVD Folders (separate projects). Then combine them with DVD Remake Pro. It adds a very simple Top-level menu, so you might want to change it (which can also be done within DVDRemake Pro). I think they have a Trial version that works for combining a couple of DVD's (the Pro version has more functionality).

There are other methods for combining DVD's, but those will get you started...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Gianluca
on Jun 28, 2007 at 7:18:47 pm

Thanks guys. I decided to extract the VOB files, rename them as MPG and import into my encore project...not exactly as my original idea... but the easiest way to go..

thanks again

Gian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]