FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems playing back Encore DVDs on Macs

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Encoreiskillingme
Problems playing back Encore DVDs on Macs
on Jun 26, 2007 at 6:11:28 pm

Hi
I'm having massive problems with a DVD I've created in Encore. It plays back fine on my 3 PCs, my DVD player, my X-Box and my PS2, but as soon as I try and play it back on a Mac it's juddery as hell. This wouldn't be a problem, but as the client is watching the DVD on a Mac it is. Actually more to the point, the DVD should play the same regardles of the system.
It's an hour long piece in four timelines that I've created in Avid Xpress Pro 4.6 (on PC), I've exported it as a DV Stream (I've tried both progressive and interlaced). Then, as Encore won't import the DV Stream as is, I've converted it to a mastering quality MPEG2 using Procoder 2 (I suspect the problem might be in this step). Then the MPEG2s were imported into Encore 2.0 and I've created the DVD from these.
Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? When I trancode the DV Streams to MPEG2 I'm forced to select a field render (lower field), but is there any way of keeping the MPEG2s truely progressive, or is this inheriently impossible?
I've also tried it with Quicktime Reference files, but as the timelines are long (up to 32mins) this has proved unworkable.
Help!

Return to posts index

Svend5
Re: Problems playing back Encore DVDs on Macs
on Aug 2, 2007 at 12:01:24 am

Hy 2 everybody! I have the same proms: A DVD created in Encore 1.0 plays fine in PC but in Macs it plays back choppy (not smooth). What might be wrong? I exported the films as Quick Time reference from Avid HD Xpress, then used Canopus Procoder 2 to convert them into MPEGS2s / mastering quality....Please help! Svend5

Return to posts index

Svend5
Re: Problems playing back Encore DVDs on Macs
on Aug 8, 2007 at 11:45:16 am

Hy! I used to created a DVD with Encore 1.0. Now, i did test with Mac's apple player: It runs fine with apple player 4.0 but with apple player 4.5 and 4.6.5 it shutters. With PCs there is no problem at all if it runs with the installed DVD playing software. only with the windowsmedia, real and quicktime players it is choppy. Is the reason behind this, that i use a too old version of Encore which is outdated for newer apple players?

Svend

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]