FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about creating custom menu screen

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Raihn
Question about creating custom menu screen
on Jun 21, 2007 at 5:50:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with.

I would like to create a menu with multiple buttons (I am just using text) and when a button is scrolled to (but not activated yet) a new image will appear on the background. I would like a different background image for each button.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Kurt
http://www.tranquilocostarica.com

Return to posts index

David Garrett
Re: Question about creating custom menu screen
on Jun 23, 2007 at 6:43:38 pm

yep it can be done using multiple menus and the button auto activating feature of Encore... you would need a menu (with alternative background image) for each button, if you have a lot of text buttons then this can become confusing for you trying to remember what goes to which,etc,etc,etc

Return to posts index

Kurt Raihn
on Jun 24, 2007 at 1:25:21 pm

Thanks. I think I understand what you are saying. I will set buttons to auto activate if I want the user to go to the next button with a new background image (a new menu that is) and I will set the button at the current menu page to go to a specific chapter point when highlighted.

Return to posts index

David Garrett
on Jun 24, 2007 at 4:14:55 pm

yep, you got it.... it would be helpful for you to get the old fashioned pencil+paper out, as this will make it easier for you to link everything up (as you will have a visual record)..

Return to posts index

Kurt Raihn
on Jun 25, 2007 at 7:40:38 pm

Thanks. I got it working. It's a nice change for a video menu. Like you said, keeping track of each menu and what is going on is key.

Thanks again for your help.

Kurt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]