FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu button for "Play Once" and "Play and Loop"

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kent Rich
Menu button for "Play Once" and "Play and Loop"
on Jun 14, 2007 at 9:02:10 pm

I thought I had done this in the past with playlists, but maybe I didn't test it as good as I thought.

I'm building a simple menu with 1 timeline and 2 buttons. I want the first button to play the timeline and return to the menu, which it does. No overrides; pretty basic. The second button is called "Play and Loop" (it's for a golf tournament). I want it loop endlessly. I tried the override commands, but it would only repeat once then return to the menu. I then tried creating a play list with the first chapter as the only thing in the list, and the end action being to return to the play list. It also plays through, repeats, then returns to the menu.

I'm at a loss. Shouldn't this work?

Sincere thanks for your time.

Kent Rich

Return to posts index

George W.
Re: Menu button for "Play Once" and "Play and Loop"
on Jun 14, 2007 at 9:09:29 pm

Make the END-ACTION jump back to the START of the timeline. This is your regular loop button.

Then for the PLAY-ONCE button, point to the timeline, but use an OVERRIDE to go back to the menu.

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Kent Rich
on Jun 16, 2007 at 11:20:30 am

I thank you for the words of wisdom George, and I have tried that. What I'm looking for the piece to do is loop indefinitely when I choose the "Play and Loop" button. Would you have a technique for that?

Many thanks,

Kent

Return to posts index

George W.
on Jun 16, 2007 at 12:05:28 pm

Assuming Encore DVD 2.0

1) You have a single timeline, with its END-ACTION pointing to itself.

2) Button-1 activates the timeline in STEP #1 (this is your looping button). This button should NOT have an override.

3) Button-2 activates the timeline in STEP #1, but you also add an OVERRIDE to go back to the menu. This is your Play-once button.

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Kent Rich
on Jun 18, 2007 at 12:30:21 pm

You know George, I've been working with Encore since it was first released, and I've seldom had the reason to truly understand how the override feature works until now. You've helped drive the whole concept home for me. Thank you.

Kent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]