FORUMS: list search recent posts

OUT OF MEMORY !

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
The man @ JTV
OUT OF MEMORY !
on Jun 11, 2007 at 1:57:33 am

I am working on a project where user requires 92 mpg files (durations vary from 4sec to 4mins) about 2.8G These mpg files are to be used in aprox 137 motion menus. There are also 70 static menus.
The idea is that every video the user watches has two buttons on screen namely a "back" button and an "info" button.

I was only a fraction of the way into authoring this job when I got an "out of memory" error. I'm on a PC Windows XP SP2 with 3G ram.

HELP! I've only got ten days before it goes to have 5,000 copies made.

Can anyone help me please?

If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: OUT OF MEMORY !
on Jun 11, 2007 at 12:23:11 pm

Your design is flawed. The DVD Specification imposes a 1 GB limit for all motion menus in a disc.

A better solution would be "buttons over video", which, unfortunately, is not supported at this time by Encore.

I think DVDLab Pro supports this feature.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

George W.
Re: OUT OF MEMORY !
on Jun 11, 2007 at 2:02:45 pm

[Jeff Bellune] "Your design is flawed. The DVD Specification imposes a 1 GB limit for all motion menus in a disc.

A better solution would be "buttons over video", which, unfortunately, is not supported at this time by Encore.

I think DVDLab Pro supports this feature."

I thought the limit for menus is 1gb per VTS. So you could get around it if your Authoring software allowed you to manually move your menus around in different VTS's. NOTE: I've never had menus that large, so I'm not 100% sure on that...

Either way, I agree that BOV's would be a good choice on this -- DVDLab Pro 2.x and DVD Architect 4 allow this (and of course Scenarist)...

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]