FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why Was Encore 2.0 Discontinued

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank laciak
Why Was Encore 2.0 Discontinued
on Jun 8, 2007 at 2:36:45 pm

Can anyone tell me why Adobe discontinued Encore 2.0?

I know that Encore will be bundled with Premiere Pro CS3, but for those of us just upgrading to Premiere Pro 2.0, not having the equivalent version of Encore is disappointing. It seems to have been pulled from all the suppliers of Adobe software as well.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Why Was Encore 2.0 Discontinued
on Jun 8, 2007 at 5:52:07 pm

It's not being discontinued...you must mean that Adobe are no longer selling Encore 2.0 in the Adobe Store?

Adobe doesn't sell older versions of their software, and Encore CS3 will only be available with Premiere Pro CS3. Unfortunately, you're right on the cusp, where neither product is available at the moment. However, very soon, look into upgrading your Premiere, and then get Encore in the bundle.

Or you could try buying Encore 2.0 on eBay or other retailers.

Return to posts index

frank laciak
on Jun 8, 2007 at 6:16:02 pm

Joe,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately for me I can't find a retailer that still has the upgrade version of Encore. I've googled and yahooed for Encore 2 without success. Most retailers use the phrases "Discontinued by Adobe" or "Withdrawn by Adobe" when inquiring of the product.

So I wondered if there was a technical reason that Adobe may have stopped selling the product... like "so buggy no one uses it or fatally flawed" before I start seriously watching for it on eBay. I figured if anyone knew the answer they would be on this forum.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 8, 2007 at 8:29:17 pm

Nope, it's not due to any deficiencies in Encore - Encore CS3 has new features (check the Adobe web page for more info).

Return to posts index

geo
by
on Jun 12, 2007 at 3:33:14 pm

So there is no simple way to upgrade from 2.0 standalone? I use Avid and have absolutely no use for Premiere.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jun 12, 2007 at 5:53:55 pm

For the $299 upgrade price, you get the new version of Encore, Adobe On Location (formerly Serious Magic DV Rack) and the new version of Premiere Pro.

I bet AVID can't do On Location, and you can always practice your Ninja Star throwing technique with the Premiere Pro discs. :-)

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

geo
by
on Jun 12, 2007 at 7:37:00 pm

I would still prefer a simple upgrade. I have been using Encore ever since it came out, thinking they would eventually get it stable. Now I feel like I have bet on the wrong horse.

Return to posts index

ron moody
on Jun 13, 2007 at 3:45:04 am

Just had to respond to your last post.

I've been with Premiere since computers were barely fast enough to edit non-linear. Ever since Encore came out, I too had high hopes. It's been nothing but frustration for me. I use it for simple stuff, but it stumbles big-time on video files that Premiere doesn't even stutter on.

I had high hopes too, and wonder just like you if they will get it right. The funny thing is that Audition is great, but they dropped it from the bundle. Encore has not yet reached good, yet they're continuing that one. Go figure.

My greatest struggle is whether to give Adobe my hard earned cash to buy the production bundle, or fork out another $500 and get the Final Cut bundle. Yeah, it's not integrated as well, but the individual programs are (for the most part) a lot better. Exceptions in my opinion are Photoshop of course, Illustrator, and AE. Even with AE though, Motion lets you put out a product and move on to the next one while you're still playing with AE.

I'm curious how Avid fits into the fight...
Ron

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]