FORUMS: list search recent posts

Selecting secondary menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Skarab
Selecting secondary menu
on Jun 7, 2007 at 2:27:24 pm

I just know this is a simple one: I have an animated menu, which opens the show, and a static menu, which essentially duplicates the appearance of the animated menu. It's the static one which is set as the end action of each scene so the viewer doesn't have to view the animated version over and over.

The dvd is designed to be viewed on computer only.

What I need to do is set the static menu as the one the viewer is returned to if he/she cuts a scene short by clicking the menu button in the onscreen controls. As it stands now, the viewer is returned to the animated menu if the menu button is clicked mid-scene.

Another solution would be to return the viewer to the loop point set in the animated menu if that's possible.

Thanks for any help.

"I'm not half-insect, I'm half-human!"

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Selecting secondary menu
on Jun 7, 2007 at 5:38:23 pm

Go to the Menu Remote field in Timeline properties and set it to the static menu.

Return to posts index

Skarab
on Jun 7, 2007 at 7:01:53 pm

Thanks for your comment Joe. I've solved that problem but somehow created another: Now when I set a loop point in the animated menu, the buttons blink, which is NOT my intention! the speed of the blinking seems to be determined by the length of the looping segment at the end.

The animated menu is 00;00;08;01. I set the duration for the full length. I set the loop point anywhere from 00;00;06;13 onward, but no matter where I set it, the buttons blink. Short blink if the loop is short, longer if the loop is longer. But the blinking shouldn't be happening at all.

the blinking doesn't happen in the preview panel, only when I burn a disk.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jun 7, 2007 at 9:49:09 pm

You mean they blink at the end when looping?

Return to posts index

Skarab
on Jun 11, 2007 at 3:02:02 pm

Yeah, it was driving me crazy trying to solve it, but then figured a workaround, so it's dealt with, but I never could figure out the blinking.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]